P0341 Cam code Help

I just installed cam and adjustable timing chain from comp cams in a 06 Vet. I degreed cam @ 112* it will set P0341 Cam sen code. It takes a couple of drives befor it sets. The owner of the car is working with a tuner but don't know if there is sum thing mechanical or tuning side. Does any tuners know if you have to set up sum thing for the degree of the cam in the tune. Thanks

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by VETTECH View Post
    I just installed cam and adjustable timing chain from comp cams in a 06 Vet. I degreed cam @ 112* it will set P0341 Cam sen code. It takes a couple of drives befor it sets. The owner of the car is working with a tuner but don't know if there is sum thing mechanical or tuning side. Does any tuners know if you have to set up sum thing for the degree of the cam in the tune. Thanks
    0341 is cam sensor high voltage right?

Is the engine an LS1 or an LS2 swapped into an LS1 setup? Answer this first. Degreeing should have no bearing on this btw.

Cam code

This is an LS2 eng. and was a LS2 when started work. Code discription is cam postion perfromance, Condition for setting are PCM detects a missing or noisy cmp signal for 100 eng cycles. Tech 2 shows cam counts so i know there is a signal.This thing Really lopes at idle. I 'am woundering if the unstable idle quality has a factor in this code. As I said it is being tuned by another shop that has tuning software. Do you know if you tipicaly have to disable the code from setting VIA the PCM or are you able to open the peramitors up? Thanks for any help

Tan
    2002 GMC Yukon

P0341 means the PCM knows the cam and crank are out of sync. Aside from stand alone, I dont' know how you get around it. Well, besides returning the timing.

Why not just get a new cam?

Thanks for all the help. Found out the customer supplied the 1st design timing chain will only one rasied rib on cam gear. Needs to have 4 rasied ribs. Will have to go back in and change gear set again. I didn't catch that differance while asmbling it.

Thread Information