Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

OBDII Code Deletion and Pass Emissions?

I have a SES lite that came on about two days have shortie header installation. Something about low voltage to O2 sensor on R/H bank. I can delete the code with the Predator. My question is will it pass OBDll with this code deleted or will they even know it was deleted? Sorry as I know it is probably an age old question. Will my computer tell on me?
    2000 Z28 M6, SLP Lid, SLP Bellows, SLP UD,
    P&P Maf, TB By-Pass, PS Shorties, LS6 Intake, FAST 78mm TB, Hooker CB, Hurst Billet, Front Tower Brace, small 218/218....527/527....114 cam.
    337rwhp/348rwtq

Is it just a "plug in" inspection only? Will Predator will delete it permanently? I assume it's a bank 2, sensor 2 code?...probably OK. What code?

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

Plug-In Insp

Yip it is a plug-in inspection. I will get the code tomorrow. Thanks for answering.

It's your Predator (later version) right? A friends won't delete it permanently. Just don't want to give you the wrong info, plus I moved back to Florida and we don't have any, got out of NC a couple years ago.

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

Header Coating?

I did a little more research and my Predator will erase but not delete that particular issue. Further reading on the web (forums) and the coating burning off new headers can bring on the SES lite. The only down side if the latter is the case it may have fouled the sensor to the point I have to change it out. I will continue to erase the condition and let you know the outcome. Thanks

Black
    1998 Z/28

im not familiar with the Predator, but i know if u erase a check engine light with a regular code reader, u must drive the car about 20 miles at least to get the "readiness codes" right. This is so people cant just delete the check engine light code and go get it inspected, when it is hooked to the computer for inspection, the computer will have a number of readiness codes marked "Unready". My dad is a car dealer and we must get every car we have inspected to sell it even if the inspection is still up to date so i have had numerous run-ins with readiness codes

Blog Entries

pewter
    2000 Trans Am

if its only one code it should pass emissions but if the lites on when u go to get the inspection thats an automatic fail

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

The inspection people will not be able to read the computer because you have deleated a code recently that is going to come back. They will ask you if the car has been worked on recently and will tell you to go drive in around some. You must get that problem fixed. It sound like you just have a bad O2. So you can try to go threw but it won't pass.

Midnight Blue
    1999 T/A

So what is the fix for this? I know you can erase the code with a code scanner which i belive is what the original poster was doing...Can you delete the part of the software on the computer so that the computer does not even look for it, or will that casue a rad flag at the inspection place.
    I was thinking about getting shortties but if there are major issues with the O2 sensor mabye i will re think that.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

You can't delete codes like this. He has a bad O2 and that is only fixable by replacing it. This is one of those codes that just can't be deleted. You must first fix the problem. yes a scanner will make the light go off but just long enough for the system to do all its tests and when it get to that o2 sensor it will trip it again. The only O2 you can turn off are the rears or just get o2 sims.

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

Header Coating?

It has been a week now and no SES light after last reset. I am thinking the coating burning off new headers might/must have been the reason (I hope). Thanks for all the input.

red
    2002 camaro ss

I'm pretty sure you can delete (permanately) the code with your Predator. Deleting is different than erasing, if its deleted the PCM doesn't care or report that code anymore. If you have an older Predator you can update your Predator to be able to do this. (pretty sure)

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

I am Back!

I got the SES light again and used the Predator for trouble shooting. It gives me a " P1057 025 Circuit, Bank 2, Low Voltage error. Anyone have experience with this code and the fix? Thanks

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

you have a bad o2 sensor on the right hand side. replace and you are good to go make sure which sensor it is sensor which is in the header or sensor 2 which is after it. Sounds like sensor 1.

SteeleShep

02 Sensor Replacement

I am trying to replace my 02 sensor and have just been under the car a few minutes. I see an electronic device of some sort coming out the side of the Catalytic Converter but nothing else. My error code is 02 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2, Sensor 1).

If anyone has any photos or diagrams it is appreciated, otherwise if you can just direct me to this part. Trying to get my car inspected and this is stopping it - they check for emissions in Dallas. Thanks.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

the o2 sensor in the in header or the mainfold if you don't have headers. The circuit code is the computers way of telling you that the o2 sensor is bad. If this is not the case yo uhave a burnt or danmaged wire in the harness to that o2 sensor.

SteeleShep

O2 Location

The guy at the parts store told me to look for it under the car, under the dash basically. Not the engine compartment. This sound right?

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

LT1 02 Sensor Pic

Your 02 sensor will look like this when removed. One is located above the CAT and the other below the CAT and installed in the exhaust pipe....NOT UNDER THE DASH!.
    Last edited by 89LX; 02-07-2007 at 02:51 PM.

SteeleShep

O2 Location

Excellent - thanks for the info.

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

Never to Old

Well I am living proof it is never to late to listen and learn. After all my 02 problems I went to the GM shop manual and they state "check for exhaust leak" first. After installing the new headers and leak checking the first time I never suspected a blown gasket at the collector. I jacked the car and it was blowing a storm. Changed out gasket about two weeks ago and have logged over a 100 miles and no SES lite. Don't do like I did and forget the obvious or better yet rule it out having checked it once before. Hope this might help someone.

Thread Information