Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

red
    2002 35th anniversary

Angry o2 sensor problems

my 2002 35th has been getting o2 sensor codes 1133,0155.the chevy dealer last year couldn't find anything wrong.keep getting ses lite.having trouble passing emmissions due to dtc's.the car has 8k on it.it seems they are not heating up but on scan they seem to be working.does anyone believe i need 4 new sensors because lack of use?chevy replace two about 3 yrs ago.is this an emmissions warranty?need help!!o2 sensors are $74 each.all wiring and voltage cks are ok.

Black
    2000 WS6

I believe both of those codes are forward of the cats.
    Have you made any modifications to your car? added oil to perhaps your K&N filter?

I would start first with possibly cleaning the MAF and see if that helps. Clear both codes,and see if they come back after several monitoring periods by the ECM.

Red
    '01 Silverado

the p1133 is a HO2S Insufficient Switching(Bank 1 Sensor 1) an p0155 is 02 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1)

Black
    1998 z28

Sounds like your catalytic converters are shot.Since you said they replace both 02's.Bad o2's can make your car run rich and could dump raw fuel into the cats and ruin them.

red
    2002 35th anniversary

Smile 02 sensors

Quote Originally Posted by bige97 View Post
    the p1133 is a HO2S Insufficient Switching(Bank 1 Sensor 1) an p0155 is 02 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1)
    you are correct about the codes.i replaced all 4 sensors and now im still getting a 1155 code.i have since found the harness for the lh frt sensor melted but the wires ohmed ok.iread that these wire are very sensitive to heat and i have ordered a replacement harnes for it.i have headers installed and the harness is a 24" extension.will get back when i replace the harness.thanks for you feed back.

Collector Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am CE

Bumping this because it also pertains to my problem in my thread.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

those are very common codes to have with headers.....it's due to the sensors being moved further down stream. I've heard of people trying all kinds of stuff to try and fix it. I was getting heater codes and last fall switched to bosch 13111's (vette rear) sensors and haven't had the code all year this year. I'm not convinced that's the fix either because it doesn't work for everyone but it did for me.......so far.

red
    2002 35th anniversary

Smile 02 sensors

i've replaced all 4 sensors with the bosch type.i'm not getting a lite now,but i'm getting and impending 1133 code on my scan tool.i'm going to replace my left front harness due to it had some heat damage.the wiring ohmd ok,but i read that these wires and plugs are real sensitive to heat,so i'm going to give that a try.thanks for your input with the vette sensors,we are thinking on the same lines.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

I deleted the insufficient switching code. Mine threw the code even with new 13111 sensors. HPTuners FTW

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by bige97 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by papalavac View Post
    you are correct about the codes.i replaced all 4 sensors and now im still getting a 1155 code.i have since found the harness for the lh frt sensor melted but the wires ohmed ok.iread that these wire are very sensitive to heat and i have ordered a replacement harnes for it.i have headers installed and the harness is a 24" extension.will get back when i replace the harness.thanks for you feed back.
    corvette o2s for the win... i had same problem with my extensions and it took all my problem away..

red
    2002 35th anniversary

Angry

ok guys im back.the harness didn't really fix it.i drove for about 500 miles and it was ok.i fueled up the second time and got the lite the second start on a cold morning.got both the 1133 and 1153 codes.the book says bad fuel possible.i would like to know if there is a way to delete the switching codes from the computer?do i need a tech 2 to do this?thanks in advance.i'm up the wall with this problem.
    Last edited by papalavac; 11-25-2008 at 01:25 AM.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

ok guys im back.the harness didn't really fix it.i drove for about 500 miles and it was ok.i fueled up the second time and got the lite the second start on a cold morning.got both the 1133 and 1155 codes.the book says bad fuel possible.i would like to know if there is a way to delete the switching codes from the computer?do i need a tech 2 to do this?thanks in advance.i'm up the wall with this problem.
    you can turn them off.. but they will just come back.. you gotta find the problem...

what have you changed so far?

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    those are very common codes to have with headers.....it's due to the sensors being moved further down stream. I've heard of people trying all kinds of stuff to try and fix it. I was getting heater codes and last fall switched to bosch 13111's (vette rear) sensors and haven't had the code all year this year. I'm not convinced that's the fix either because it doesn't work for everyone but it did for me.......so far.
    This worked for me too Orion,,,thanks for putting me on to this. I haven't had those codes come back all year long.

red
    2002 35th anniversary

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    you can turn them off.. but they will just come back.. you gotta find the problem...

what have you changed so far?
    i changed all 4 sensors with bosch 13444's,also replaced front lh harness due to heat damage.scan tool says everything is working norm,but it usually happens on a cold morn start.usually the second start.sometimes as the last,after about 500 miles.i can see that if they are farther back,front sensors,because if the headers,it might set a lite,but i know guys with firebirds who don't have this problem.i was asking if the computer can be programed for the front sensors to correct the problem,or am i going to have to live with it.the gm manual says when both codes come together it could be bad fuel.
    Last edited by papalavac; 11-25-2008 at 02:07 PM.

red
    2002 35th anniversary

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 02blkws6 View Post
    I deleted the insufficient switching code. Mine threw the code even with new 13111 sensors. HPTuners FTW
    just how did you delete the switching codes.i'm done replace parts.i told chevy it was a computer problem,they said no.thanks,papalavac

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

i changed all 4 sensors with bosch 13144's...

The Bosch/vette sensors that everyone else in this thread are talking about are part# 13111, not 13144.

just how did you delete the switching codes.i'm done replace parts.i told chevy it was a computer problem,they said no.thanks,papalavac
    You need tuning software like LS1edit, HPTuners, or EFI Live. You can send the computer to me for mail order tuning and have it done as well... http://www.lsxtune.com/shop/product_...roducts_id/631

red
    2002 35th anniversary

Angry o2 aensors

my bad they are 13444 sensors,not 13144 sensors.they are direct 4 wire replaement sensors.i don't believe its the sensors as it is the computer failure to read them.same problem with stock a/c sensors.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

my bad they are 13444 sensors,not 13144 sensors.they are direct 4 wire replaement sensors.i don't believe its the sensors as it is the computer failure to read them.same problem with stock a/c sensors.
    I can tell you the theory behind the vette sensors although I don't really know if I believe it myself. The theory has been that bosch 13111 have better heaters in them since they're the rears on the vette and are so far down stream. I've read conflicting info as to whether that's actually true. I know they've worked for a few people including myself and Firebirdjones. We both went to those over the summer and I haven't had a switching code or heater code since. Now, would simply just putting new stock replacements in have done the same thing? I don't know, but I do know the 13111's have kept me from getting either code thus far.

red
    2002 35th anniversary

Unhappy o2 sensors

chevy replaced both front sensors and that didn't help my problem either.so it was recommended i use bosch sensors.13444 are for the front and back for camaro's.i still believe its a computer problem of not reacting to the sensors.when you scan,all readings are norm including the switching and heating.i told chevy this and they said it was the headers.i already bought 4 new sensors,so i don't wanyt to buy more and have the same problem again and be out more cash.thanks for your input.maybe i should have went for the vette sensors.!!!i think a computer adjustment might be the way to go.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

it is the headers. The headers moved the sensors further down stream. Send your pcm to frost and he'll hook you up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information