Metallic Blue
    2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Need tuning help!

I just finished my 416 stroker build. I havent made any changes to the tune on the computer. I went from a 346 with an erson cam to a 416 stroker, I kept the same cam by the way. It idles fine and throttle response seems good, but at part throttle there is a crackle pop sound that comes from the exhaust at about 25% throttle. Also at idle it shows to be lean on my LC-1 wideband. It runs about 17-18 sometimes tagging 19. It does this when the ECT is about 90 and at idle with the MAP sensor at 62KPa. What table could I change to richen up the mixture across the board at all rpm. At WOT it goes to about 13.5 on the wideband.
    Thanks everyone for your input!

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

You should really do a full retune on it, starting with the VE tables then the MAF Calibration.

Metallic Blue

Well i was hoping some experienced tuners would reply, thats what I want to do I just don't know where to start and the order of what parts of the computer to tune. Idle first mass air second, ve table ect. If one were to tune a car what order and what parts to tweak and what to leave alone. Would anyone be willing to point me in the right direction?

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Google "CPIG's vehicle tuning guide" and print that guide. It'll point you in the right direction

Metallic Blue

Thanks man!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Like Cutlass said, there are tuning guides on the internet. I think I downloaded the instructions from ls1tuningguide.com, but they were kind of confusing to a newb like me. Another great resource is the HP Tuners forum on their website. There are links to short videos that take things step-by-step for you. Last thing I'll note are Greg Banish's video and his EFI books, all were great resources that really taught me a lot.

Thread Information