Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red
    04 GTO

Need some help with my tune

Okay guys i have a 04 gto and i put in a 3500 stall (its a TCI) about a year ago along with a stage 2 tranny and a tranny cooler. Well Friday i was driving home from the beach and my stall starting doing something weird. It feels and acts like it isn't locking up at 50 like it used to all it does now is free flow and it feels like its unlocked the whole time. Does anyone have a tune i can look at and compare with mine that would be great thank you, iam working with hp tuner also.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I just have my stock 04 tune.......does it feel like it locks up at all? Sometimes misfire counts will keep a stall from locking or unlocking randomly but the fact you've had the stall this long and it's just now doing it makes me think the counts aren't to blame but you could try disabling misfire detection or desensitizing the counts and see if the stall starts locking up.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I just have my stock 04 tune.......does it feel like it locks up at all? Sometimes misfire counts will keep a stall from locking or unlocking randomly but the fact you've had the stall this long and it's just now doing it makes me think the counts aren't to blame but you could try disabling misfire detection or desensitizing the counts and see if the stall starts locking up.

That's it... Goto Engine Diag and for a start, raise your misfires tables about 20-ish % (or max them out if you into that) and see what you get. This is the most likely scenario unless you have a REAL misfire.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    That's it... Goto Engine Diag and for a start, raise your misfires tables about 20-ish % (or max them out if you into that) and see what you get. This is the most likely scenario unless you have a REAL misfire.
    the mechanical side of it is what I'm wondering about. I had misfire issues on my 98 but they showed up pretty quickly after I put the stall in. He's had it a year and it just now started doing it? I would almost look at the mechanical side of it first to make sure you don't actually have misfires going on there. I also notice the stock 04 tune is maxed in the low and only has counts from 3k-6k at 12.5+. I'd have to dig out my stock tune but I'm pretty sure my 98's table was quite a bit different than that.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

I agree, it may be real.

On the other hand, I have seen guys run converter on stock tunes and for whatever reason they seem to be good for a while and then this begins out of the blue.

Red
    04 GTO

This is my link to my tune( its a hp tune)
    http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/attachm...6&d=1250058778

I went autozone to check the engin codes and there wasnt anything being thrown, i do know about the misfire things because when i owned a diablo i would get them sometime and my stall wouldnt lock up so i went in and cleared the code and it would go back to normal.

Red
    04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    No it isnt locking up at all like it used to

98 Formula
    06 duramax

go in a disable misfires altogether and see what happens. That will at least tell you if they're to blame or not. Under engine diagnostics>misfire.
    Just change all cells to 32767. I believe you can also disable it by setting the temps so that the tests don't run. I'm pretty sure on mine I just disabled them with the tables but I'd have to look....been a while since I've done that.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

I raised your misfire count tables and went to post it back up for you... but I can't attach the tune here

Red
    04 GTO

What is it supposed to be at? Mine was set to 32767 so how high does it need to be.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by ledesma54 View Post
    What is it supposed to be at? Mine was set to 32767 so how high does it need to be.
    look in the medium table...that's the only table on the 04's that isn't set to 32767

Red
    04 GTO

Okay a little update to my problem, we messed with locking the stall manually with the tuner and it only drops maybe 200 rpm at 50, we did it from 20 and it barely dropped at all. So does this mean that the tcc solenoid is bad or is it still working.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Did you max out all of your misfire tables under cylinder/rev?? It doesn't matter what it does with the scanner until you know it's not this.

Red
    04 GTO

Okay frost me and my friend went ahead and maxed out the table and nothing its still doing the same thing, its leading me to believe that its the tcc solenoid what do you think.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

there is more than one table, there are 3 or 4... sett all to 32767 (don't have to leave them there, just for testing though)

98 Formula
    06 duramax

there is more than one table, there are 3 or 4... sett all to 32767 (don't have to leave them there, just for testing though)
    on the 04gto the only table that isn't maxed already is the med. table. The rest are already set at 32767.

Red
    04 GTO

Ya like orion said the other ones were maxed out already so we went ahead and maxed out the middle table and left them there but nothing changed its still barely dropping when it shift into fourth.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

ahem.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

well shit..... I didn't even pay attention to those.
    I just used the temps on my f-body to disable the tests.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

I raised your misfire count tables and went to post it back up for you... but I can't attach the tune here
    Working on that issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information