Pewter
    02 WS6

Need some advice

Hey whats up guys. I plan on doing long tubes and getting rid of my cat this month and my plan was just to get a diablo to delete my o2s but the more i read and re-search the more i thinkl i need to go another route. My problem is. Their is no one in my town or in Idaho that tunes our cars so I am perplex dose any one have any ideas on what i could do?

PS. I plan on doing Intake and cam In Jan and its a 02 ws6

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by WonFastWS6 View Post
    Hey whats up guys. I plan on doing long tubes and getting rid of my cat this month and my plan was just to get a diablo to delete my o2s but the more i read and re-search the more i thinkl i need to go another route. My problem is. Their is no one in my town or in Idaho that tunes our cars so I am perplex dose any one have any ideas on what i could do?

PS. I plan on doing Intake and cam In Jan and its a 02 ws6

Mail order tunes are great for bolt ons cars, and will take care of all of your issues as well as get you some HP to boot. I don't have it up yet, but will by the beginning of next week.

I will be running a long-term special for LS1.com members for mail order tuning. The rates will drop to $125 + S/H with same-day (provided it gets to us early enough in the day) turn-around and also many shipping options for return, including USPS, FedEx, and UPS.

Pewter
    02 WS6

When will you start doing this

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Busy getting a storefront together for my site for the new LSx based products that are in development but I would suspect that it will happen this week some time.

Pewter
    02 WS6

Well you will be hearing from me this week. Ill being do my headers in to weeks and with all the posts lately on the can tunes losing horsepower and what not. I think this is my best bet.

PS My next problem will be when I do my cam and have to have a full tune.

Pewter
    02 WS6

are u able to do this yet

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

No, sorry, it's still $175. I need more hours in a day...

Pewter
    02 WS6

I need to get tuned are you swamp?

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Busy is good

The price is still $175, I can't make a promise as to when it will change, I have much left to do to get the store up on my own site.

Pewter
    02 WS6

at this point price isent the problem i just need to get it done

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by WonFastWS6 View Post
    at this point price isent the problem i just need to get it done

Send it to me. It starts here: http://www.lsxtune.com/services2.htm

Thanks. Give me a call if you have any questions. http://www.lsxtune.com/contact.php

Pewter
    02 WS6

bought and paid for thanks

Dark Blue
    1999 Trans Am

Greetings gear heads

I have searched the forums and have yet to find the information I am looking for. I have modified my MAF sensor, have an aftermarket lid, no engine mods, american racing headers with cats and an SLP loudmouth II exhaust (99 TA, M6). I have codes for cat inefficiency (which they are less than a year old) and oxygen sensor codes triggering my SES light. When I get on the throttle quickly I start getting misfires (which doesn't register as a fault with the OBD), if I accelerate gently or moderately it doesn't happen.

I am guessing that getting a tune would be better than replacing the O2 sensors and fiddling around to get rid of the codes. If fate plays out right I may see if I can get a cam eventually, but most likely not in the near future.

So my question is this: is a handheld tuner sufficient (which I don't think it will be) or should I send out my computer to be reprogrammed? I have no idea what is best and am seeking your input. If you are able, can you explain to me your input. Thanks and I greatly appreciate your time.

black
    2001 Trans Am

Hi, Guessing here. Modified the MAP how? No codes for the MAP? Just wondering if the MAP is clean, some aftermarket air filters use an oil coat. Use too much oil & it gets on the MAP. Spray some throttle body cleaner in it to clean it. As far as the O2's go & cat inefficiency. The O2 before the cat manages the air-fuel mix once it's warmed up. The O2 after the cat sences if the cat is working, but also sences if the O2 before the cat is doing it's job right on the air fuel mix. If it's not. Then the after the cat one will show inefficiency as a by product of the 1st O2 not making the air fuel mix happen right. Say its overly rich. Then after a while the cat gets carboned up & can't clean up whats going thru it. The 2nd one sences it & throws you the Inefficency code. Fix the problem & if not too far carboned up. It will eventually clean up by itself. Bank 1 is where the #1 spark plug is located on the head, Bank 2 is where #1 is not located. HOS ( Heated Oxygen Sensor ) If I'm remembering right. HOS1 is before the cat & HOS2 is after the cat. Untill you get the O2's & cat codes corrected. Think a tune isn't going to help you yet. Check the fuel pressure & volume on getting the mis-fires. Fuel filter ok? Just my thoughts. Dave
    Last edited by locodave; 07-13-2008 at 08:41 AM.

Thread Information