Need help with wideband O2 selection and placement

I have an 02 Z28 with the STS kit, borla y-pipe and gutted cats. I have caspers O2 simulators in both rear O2's to keep the SES light off. I need to purchase a wideband o2 and am looking at the AEM Wideband UEGO controller w/gauge and bosch sensor, my question is do I need a pair of widebands so they can monitor each bank or could I place one after the y-pipe?

Yellow
    2004 GTO

Check out the Innovate XD-16 stand-alone controller/gauge.

You only need 1 installed after the Y-Pipe. Wire it to get power from a relay that is triggered by the fuel-pump wire. You only want it to have power whenever the motor is actually running. You should also install a manual swith for 02 calibration only.

Let me know if you have any questions, Ed

04 GTO A4 6.6 liter,AFR 225,STS 76mm Turbo,96# Injectors,Innovate XD-16,Methanol,HPTuners,Custom Fuel,etc.

Best E.T. 10.66 @ 130 mph http://www.mongillomotors.com/1066vid.html

LSX Tuning with Mustang MD-1100 Eddy Current Dyno & HPTuners in the New Haven, CT. area

Thanks for your advice. I went with the AEM UEGO's (x2) because I want to accurately read mixture off of both banks. If you have one bank that's lean and the other is rich it might give you false indications/diagnosis after the y-pipe. I ran across this problem before in my shop on a trans am. I put this thread up to see what others were running and see the success or problems this issue brought up. Thanks again

Ermine White
    1964 Chevelle

cant tune from bank to bank, usually pic the leanest bank and tune for it..

Yellow
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLt1 View Post
    Thanks for your advice. I went with the AEM UEGO's (x2) because I want to accurately read mixture off of both banks. If you have one bank that's lean and the other is rich it might give you false indications/diagnosis after the y-pipe. I ran across this problem before in my shop on a trans am. I put this thread up to see what others were running and see the success or problems this issue brought up. Thanks again
    I could understand your reasoning for running 2 but it's overkill. Why stop there? Why not run 8, 1 for each cylinder? Gets kind of crazy. If you have 1 bad plug or one bad injector, all you are doing is narrowing it down to 1 bank, that's not really why you use a wide-band, there are other ways to determine one of those problems.

How are you going to tune seperate AFRs if you did have a difference, the fuel system (pressure, injector size, tune) is tuned as 1 system.

IMHO, the wide-band is used to determine your overall AFR.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

So, how has the wide band O2 system been working. I was looking at the same AEM item and was thinking about getting one. Do you like it? I was thinking about this and a Predator to tune my car now that I have Hooker coated LT and ORY.

Anybody else?

Thread Information