Red
    04 GTO

Need help with my Diablo (please help)

I just put my Pacesetters long tube in, and its still throwing the bank2 sensor no activity code, Ive already turn off the o2 sensor and the cot (but do i turn the sensor off in the cot option or do i just move the cot temp all the way to the right to turn it off) also iam not getting no long term fuel data when i run the real time data. Has anyone had this problem.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

what do you mean you "turned off the O2 sensor"? You turned the code off? It's been a while since I've had my predator and I forget what the options were. cot is "cat overtemp protection". It adds fuel to keep the cats cool. I don't remember how to turn that off with the predator. I'm assuming you no longer have cats right? Turning that off with cats will kill cats if you still have them.

Red
    04 GTO

Ya don't have cats, i have the mid pipes with a pair off one chamber flow-masters, but the weird thing to me is that iam not getting any readings on real time data for my long term so iam thinking iam running lean because iam getting like 13 mpg. I have a cold air intake, lt headers, diablo tune, a bigger maf sensor, and one chamber flows so i should be getting better gas mileage then that.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

what's the actual code you're throwing? It almost sounds to me like you have something hooked up wrong or a burned wire or something. With those mods you really shouldn't have much problems other than the tune being a little off. I'm also not a fan of swapping out the MAF sensor unless you get tuned for it. What maf is it?

Red
    04 GTO

Ya iam leaning to a burnt wire but i put electrical tape on the wires and the tap isn't burnt, the maf i got is from slp i haven't had any trouble from it sense i found a tune for it. Iam lost the wires are in tight so i don't know. Thanks for the help

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Did you make your own extensions or did you buy premade extensions? If you made your own did you solder them or just tape them up? Might be a bad connection there.

Red
    04 GTO

ya i cut the wire but i clamped both end so there tight and i did it on both the other headers to and its not throwing a code. Also i think iam lean iam getting 14 mpg, and also when i hook up the diablo to get live data it doesn't give me any numbers for the long and short term fuel is it because i don't have cats or is something wrong.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

14 mpg means you'd be rich. I would recheck those extensions. Sounds like you possibly have a bad connection or a crossed wire or something. Since you said you were getting a bank 2 code I would assume that's a B2S1 code so look at the passenger side O2 wiring.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by ledesma54 View Post
    ya i cut the wire but i clamped both end so there tight and i did it on both the other headers to and its not throwing a code. Also i think iam lean iam getting 14 mpg, and also when i hook up the diablo to get live data it doesn't give me any numbers for the long and short term fuel is it because i don't have cats or is something wrong.

Use extensions; I've never seen a "user extended" cable that worked right. You are dealing with <1VDC here, ANY resistance AT ALL in your joints will ruin the signal back and likely keep the car in OL (as is being described by no stfts).

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Use extensions; I've never seen a "user extended" cable that worked right. You are dealing with <1VDC here, ANY resistance AT ALL in your joints will ruin the signal back and likely keep the car in OL (as is being described by no stfts).
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

+2 those 02 wires are stainless steel, using reg wire to make extentions will screw up they're electricial signal. buy 02 extentions....

oh and get rid of that slp maf and put a stock one back in. the aftermarket mafs will work against you when tuning unless you upgraded to a factory style 85mm

Thread Information