Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Angry Modified Parameters on diablo sport car wont run!

okay i just got my predator back form diablo sport, they just did unlocked it and updated it, and i can install the just normal performance tune, but as soon as i modify the parameters the car will start and drive for about 10 seconds and then shut off. i tried everything, but still no change! i wanna install my rearend with 4.10s my thermostat and i cant cause this tuner is a piece of shit!

Red
    2000 Trans Am

did you wait to unplug the tuner until it told you too? The tuner is not a Peice of shit as many people have used it without a problem including myself.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by SStriker View Post
    did you wait to unplug the tuner until it told you too? The tuner is not a Peice of shit as many people have used it without a problem including myself.
    yeagh i did everything it said, the countdown, and waited to start the car, evertyhing according to specs. i called mike l at diablo sport earlier and he gave me a couple things to try. he thinks that me adjusting the rear gears and not having those gears affected it, so i was told to put the stock back on then re upload the performance tune. and than try modifying it without adjusting the gears, and thatn when i put my rear end in to call him and he will send me a custom tune. he was real helpful.

and i didnt mean piece of shit, i was just waiting for weeks to get this thing on my car and then it doesnt work it wasmore of a frustration thing than anything

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I understnad. I too had to wait for mine beucaes it had to be updated.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

i here you on that, just wondering, did you make any adjustments to timing and fuel curve? do you have a thermostat? gears? im just asking cause i read about what people have done and mike said that 99 model vehicles is the year that the ls1s came with the highest timing, and he only adjusted his timing up one degree! which i thought was pretty cool

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I adjusted for my 160 thermostat, and i leaned it out some. it was still running rich. I had the timing up 1 degree without an issue until i leaned it out so i set it back to stock.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

yeagh mike said because i have an slp maf i would have a problem with it running rich at idle, so you may have the same thing as that, but yeagh i just did the steps they told me to and now i have no problems and it runs great, the torque managment helped a lot, i used to chirp 2nd with my old 275 eagles now i have 295 toyos on 18's and it shreds the tires in 2nd gear shifts now, and a bit of spin from likea 25mph drop to first, runs good now and cooler! i will be installing my 185 thermostat here pretty soon. i read that the 160 is too cold for the ls1 as it does not provide for proper metal expansion and cylinder wall sealing. unlike the old cast iron sbc, from way back when.

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

what did you have to do to adjust your car to the slp maf. I also have an slp maf sensor. after i installed it my car started throwing a lean code. I installed a tune from a predator with slp's power tune, the code went away after that, but i've just been paraniod with this maf sensor cause of all the bad rap i've read about them

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

well there is a sticky on diablo sports web site, about how to read and adjust your air fuel ratio, its fairly simple just time consuming. i was told by mike to put the stock one back on and my car would run better! and be easier to tune. im no expert on tuning by any means, but the slp maf just sends back a voltage that the pcm will reconize as always more air flow than stock, ie more fuel, meaning rich condition most of the time when not wot.

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

i talked to someone from slp yesterday he told me to lower my timing by lowering my spark. dont know if he really knew his stuff, sounded more like he couldnt wait to get me off the phone. Ill try it and see, hopefully he knew what he was talking about.

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by ggino85 View Post
    i talked to someone from slp yesterday he told me to lower my timing by lowering my spark. dont know if he really knew his stuff, sounded more like he couldnt wait to get me off the phone. Ill try it and see, hopefully he knew what he was talking about.
    Lowering your spark is just going to retard Timing... Rich Condition + Retarded Timing = Backfire!

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

that would be correct. and whats wrong with your car that you had to call slp?

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

my car had a lazy bottom end,the power didnt really kick in till it hit 3000rpms, i just took the slp MAF and put the stock one on. dont know if that is the problem but we'll see.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

i would say so, my car has the same problem right now, its sucks ass on the bottom end, i guess it helps cause i dont burn out as hard but still i can feel a real lack in power at the bottom end

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

well we put a diablo sport on my mom's 07 avalanche and we followed alll of the steps and after we hooked it up the truck would'nt even start!!! made me mad sent it back and got an AEM CAI...

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

lol! that sucks did you at least call tech support? or just said F it

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

no, i was goin to but my mom loves her new truck and was like i dont want to take any chances and sent it back...

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

oh, should have stuck with it! way more power gains and fuel mileage than a cai

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

ya, i really wanted to do that but my mom was having a B.F... so the CAI.. actually had a pretty big gain and sounds mean as hell at WOT... I stll wish that the diablo worked

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

yeagh oh well! nice z by the way my buddy that passed away had the same car exactly! he loved it, but just loved the speed of his bike a bit more

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information