blky2k2z

major tuning problems

Ive been havin a problem with the revlimter in my car. 02 camaro M6, dyno tuned by texas speed. I put a th350 in the car and the rev limiter dropped from 6800 rpm to about 6000rpm. i pulled the computer out and sent it back to tsp so jason could tune out the transmission stuff. when i got the computer back we put the sixspeed back in and it ran fine so i installed the th350 again. and again same thing. I dont have a speedo hook up yet ( i also need info on get that hooked up) so maybe that is my problem? The car is cammed. has no egr or air system ne more, pace setter long tubes true duals, rear o2s deleted and tuned mass air. my other problem is it thinks its lean and is running the fuel trims on the short term to positive 25. it has a new mass air, map sensor, o2 sensors. we even tried 3 differnts sets of used sensors out of cars that ran fine. Every time we reset the trims they instantly jump right back to positive 25. We've flashed to stock and retuned it and it seem help the over fueling problem but still isnt what it was 4 months ago when it dyno 411rwhp 402rwtq with a tsp 228r cam only. Ive checked for exhaust leaks before and after the 02 sensors and found nothing. Please some help me with this situation, im up in arms and so is every one else for the past three months. Ive really thought long and hard about catchin it on fire and collecting the insurance money
    Last edited by blky2k2z; 10-08-2005 at 04:50 PM.

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

do you have a copy of your file you can send? How are you determining the rev limiter has dropped? How big is your cam? I might be able tto recommend you to someone but I'd like to know more about your situation before I gett anyone in too deep lol

blky2k2z
    the cam is 228 228, 588 588 on a 112lsa. im going to hook an auto meter tach up to see if the stock tach is just off. on the tuning note after we flashed the computer jason at texas speed retuned it with the same tune i had about a year ago and there was little change.The car ran fine until about three months ago. there is a shop here with hptuners, im assuming they would be able to copy my tune. i dont think i could get a copy from texas speed

blky2k2z
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    How are you determining the rev limiter has dropped? How big is your cam?
    the limiter was set a 6800 and the stock tach was off 400 rpm. it would show 6400rpm when you would hit the limiter. now it shows about 6000-5950 onthe tach.

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

do you know anyone with autotap,efilive or hptuners that could run a scan for you to see where your hitting the limiter in actuality?

blky2k2z
    ill run it by the local shop with hp tuners this week. it kicked a code last night so im going to check it out. ill keep you updated

Thread Information