Thread: LS2 in a CJ5

Black
    2001 Mustang GT

LS2 in a CJ5

Hey everyone! this is my first post here, yeah i have a mustang but its cool i'm a chevy guy too. anyways, a buddy at work has an ls2 sitting in his garage. it was pulled from a c6 corvette and its a longblock with intake, injectors, fuel rails, etc. he is selling it to my friend for $1300. it doesn't come with a wiring harness, alternator, water pump, starter, and a few other things. a few of my questions are:

1: where can i find this stuff? i'm guessing going through chevy will get expensive really fast.

2: this engine is going in a Jeep Cj5, so we're going to need an ECM and harness.. and a lot of other stuff. where can i get an ECM?

3: will the block accept the same bellhousing as a chevy smallblock? my friend is doing a 4 speed (hasn't decided yet) with an MP205 transfer case and 4:1 splitter. if it doesn't, where are good places to get input shaft and bellhousing conversions?

his jeep is coming along nicely, the front suspension is almost done and its on 42 inch Boggers. he's gotta 4 link the rear and then it will be ready for the engine.

does anyone have similar experience putting an ls engine in an older car? any input on where you got parts and ideas will be appreciated!

hugger orange

you might want to post your questions in the classic muscle section too, seveal lsx swaps in there. look in the for sale/ trade section for good prices on parts.
    salvagr yards can have good parts and prices for you too.
    I'm in PA and we have a huge fairground in Carslile that big shows/swap meets....maybe you have something like that in your area?
    one of my friends has a CJ7 with a small block in it and that thing is a beast, I'd love to see an ls motor in one.
    post pics of the project if you can, sounds like a great build!

Thread Information