red
    1989 camaro iroc

J.E.T. performance programer

part number jet-14005(summit) How are these programers? Has any one used them? Checked them out online and looked like they were good. I liked that you could do diffrent vehicles. Since I live close to drag strip could program and safely get instant info. Just would like some advice.

Thanks

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

Hand held programers are not the best for are cars save you cash for a good custom tune or if you want to data log get HP timers for a tune look up frost he has them for less then the jet and are a better fit
    "The Camaro SS looks like it could kick your ass. The Trans Am WS6 looks like its on its way over to do it."

treat stressful situation like a dog. if you can't eat or hump it, then piss on it and walk away.

keep your foot in it,till you see god

I had a vinci tuner for my 98 back in the day. It was pretty cool but I wouldnt waste my time with one anymore. Get a custom dyno tune and dont look back.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Agree with the other posters. Your money would be better spent elsewhere. For a tune, check out Frost - a site sponser. He does mail order tunes, and is very highly recommended. Many members on here have used his services, and I've yet to hear of anything bad. The problem with handheld tuners is that they have been known to cause our cars to run in a.lean condition with the A/F ratio, which is not good. So, they are best avoided to use for tuning. For data monitoring and logging, they seem to be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Agree with the other posters. Your money would be better spent elsewhere. For a tune, check out Frost - a site sponser. He does mail order tunes, and is very highly recommended. Many members on here have used his services, and I've yet to hear of anything bad. The problem with handheld tuners is that they have been known to cause our cars to run in a.lean condition with the A/F ratio, which is not good. So, they are best avoided to use for tuning. For data monitoring and logging, they seem to be fine.
    Yep and the handheld I had totally disabled torque managment and bumped line pressure all the way which make the "cool" chirp when the trans shifted. Little did I know at the time it was no good for the trans.
    Personally I wouldnt even waste my time with a mail order even though frost is good. Real dyno tune is the way to go. GL!
    01 SS A4 3.23-LID-CAI-LTS-ORY-CB-STALL-TUNED-326rwh,335rwt
    60'-1.666, 1/4-11.918@112.83MPH

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Dyno is the best way to go but normally people don't have the $550 to spend on a car so Frost is the way to go. Little over the $100 mark which makes is much more affordable then a Dyno. Some don't have dynos in their area either. OP if you have the money and access to a Dyno, its the best way to go. If you don't have both, then go with Frost over a handheld. YOu will get more power, better running car and all the extras that handhelds promise but don't deliever on.

red
    1989 camaro iroc

thanks

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

As far as Jet goes, wasted my money on of those plug and play chips for my truck years ago, it did nothing but up my rev limiter.

Thread Information