I think my cam and crank are not in sync?

My car is 05 c6 with e40 ecm. It's a stroker 414 n/a e 85. I bought the car and it starts half the time. It runs perfect. So when it doesn't start it is firing 180 out. The next time you crank it starts perfect. The cam and crank signal are perfect. It never backfires. It's like the cam signal is wrong and confusing the ecu. Is this possible? I dont know what to check next without tearing the motor apart. Already changed ecm and cam sensor.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Has it always been this way with the current motor or is it a new development? My first thought is incorrect timing. Is it throwing any codes?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

It has always been like this since I've had the car. Hsquared racing built the motor lethal performance turned it. Everyone I talked to said it is a new problem but both previous owners only put 1k on motor before selling it so???it will start and run fine sometimes so I dont think it's the timing. It's been in the shop for 2 months and basically being worked as a charity case since no one has a clue. They are now leaning towards one of the reluctor wheels. Shouldn't you be able to see all teeth signals and confirm the wheels are good with scope? The original oner spent 60k building this car and everyone you car think of has done some type of work on it pat g did custom cam, chuck cow did some tuning, supervettes put wide body kit. Thanks for your response. and no codes

Shouldn't the ecm change its firing order almost instantly when a no start condition happens. But it waits until the next time you start it and fires up immediately. It's like the ecm is getting info but the wrong info and confusing it. I've read post about the crank reluctor being put on backwards and I dont know what cold be wrong with the cam reluctor that wouldn't jump out at you. I know a front seal was blown out and replaced so that front cover has been off.

Thread Information