HYPERTECH question

I have a Hypertech programmer for my 2000 Z-28. I changed the gears (A4) to 3.73; therefore, buying it to recalibrate the speedo and make a few other changes. When I sold the car, I didn't put it back to stock (DUH!!!). Is there anyway I can sell it or do I put it out for the garbage pickup??

Thanks.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

hypertech doesn't like to reflash. a real nice thing to do is send it to the owner of the car now. if you can. other than that, it's garbage pick up time.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

00ls1bird
    Are these things any good? I saw one on ebay. What should I pay for one?

I thought it made a few gains from it, the real gains were from headers/no cats, and switching from 3.23's to 3.73's.
    Last edited by cbusls1; 08-03-2006 at 05:19 AM.

Quicksilver
    2001 Corvette

The Hypertech programmer has your old Z28's VIN and stock PCM programming in it now,so it can't be used on another car untill that stock program is reinstalled in the first car.If it were me,I would also give it to the new owner.Used Hypertechs that have been VIN cleared,are selling for around $150 on eBay.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I believe Hypertech will reflash the unit for something like $50 if you send it to them. Give them a call or e-mail and see what they say.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

that's if you can get them to do it. they aren't real keen on reflashing. kinda hurts the new sales department.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    that's if you can get them to do it. they aren't real keen on reflashing. kinda hurts the new sales department.
    Yea I suppose so, but its a damn expensive programmer to only be able to use it on one car and then have to throw it away. Thats a waste.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I bought a hypertech programmer for $250 on ebay. I contested the sale when I found it had married another VIN (the ad said it was new) and I couldn't use it. I ended up settling for a $200 refund and kept the unit.

When I called Hypertech, they said $250 and send the unit back for a replacement. I have seen a link somewhere where it was suggested that you could buy a replacement 'clean' memory chip for ~$20 but I haven't tried yet nor seen posts saying it works. Also most of sites that sell those chips only sell in bulk.

My car only has headers and a catback and its outgrown the HPP's capabilities anyway (running rich). Its only use now is viewing and clearing codes until I get the VCM suite I ordered today.

If I were you, with the value of things the way they are, I would up your karma balance by sending the unit to the car purchaser.
    Last edited by Beercan; 08-10-2006 at 05:10 PM.

Thread Information