www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

Hypertech Max Energy

I bought a hypertech max energy for my 98 camaro z28...

I needed it because i installed the new c6 rims and it needed the speedo re-adjusted.

It's a pretty cool device, you can choose if you want the car to chug gas or barely sip it... non-rfg and rfg fuel type setting; i have no clue what this means and its not in the manual. I would guess regular fuel tuning and non-regular fuel tuning; or racing fuel tuning and non racing fuel tuning. I have no idea and will proceed to call hypertech following this post.

Anyone else have one of these? What do you think about it?

it says gain 10rwhp; but I have a 224 cam and valve, 3400 stall, kn filter and lid, 8mm wires, headers with true duals cut off before the rear axle its loud haha i wonder how much hp i get? I would guess more than just 10rwhp... throw some numbers out if ya have a thought !

I remember posting about RFG/NON-RFG gas before: We don't have RFG in Florida, check out the EPA links in this thread www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3141

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

thanks for the quick reply.. I took a look at that and your right, we aren't remixed here in the great sunny state. Surprised that we aren't though.

One setting makes my car stink of fuel, one doesn't. Why?

Would the stinky setting generate more power? I would think it stinks b/c its dumping in more fuel. Also my gas mileage was horrible while it was on the stinky setting. I don't remember if the stinky setting was rfg or non rfg.

I've also read that these type of programmers aren't good if you have a cammed vehicle... Is it just the lack of power or actual damage?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

where to start.... I would remove the power tuning altogether as a first step and keep your speedo settings so your gauge is correct. Has your car been tuned for the cam and stall prior to the Hypertech or is that the only tuning you're running? Without knowing what your air/fuel ratio is you're pretty much rolling the dice as to if you're lean or how lean you might be. I would get a wideband and see what your AFR is with and without the tuning. The stinky smell you're smelling may not be from a rich condition. It may actually be from being lean. You need to verify your AFR with a wideband before running the hypertechs tune. Mrr23 is in Orlando. I would maybe contact him and see if he can give you a hand with tuning. He uses Hptuners and can probably give you a much better tune than you'll get out of the hypertech.

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

wow thank you, you are very informative. The car was tuned by formato prior to the hypertech, but that thing may have undone anything he did. Before I tuned it, the car chugged a little and sometimes at stop lights would lobe really bad. It doesn't do that anymore. I like the way it runs now, i dont want it to lobe because sometimes it would die at the light. Do you know if the hypertech tuner would over write formatos tune?

Thread Information