Awaiting Activation

White
    1998 Trans Am

Exclamation Help..Computer not advancing spark...

My 98 TransAm with the 383 Stroker has been running good for the past two weeks and then the other day it decided to just start being stupid. It seems like the computer isnt advancing the spark with the rpm. Has anyone had this problem before? Could it be a bad coilpack? Fouled spark plug? The motor isnt missing it just acts like its bogging down when you accelerate. Any thoughts on this would be great!

Also. Does anyone know of a good Dyno-Tune shop that would tune my car around Alabama,Georgia,Tennessee, Florida. I cant seem to find anyone with the EFI Live or LS1 Edit around here in Alabama.
    Thanks!

Hi--without having it on a scanner it would be hard to pinpoint the timing as the problem--I would borrow one and drive it to see where the spark is--
    That being said--If it just happened and you think it is the spark timing--I would guess that you got some bad gas and the spark dropped into the "low octane" spark table--It wouldn't miss either just be sluggish--Its a pretty common occurance---try a full tank of premiuma nd drive it awhile--the computer will re-set itself after you add more than 10 gallons of fuel by counting knock occurances and if there aren't any significant ones it will go back into the hi-octane table--thee is a huge difference between the 2

Thread Information