Mystic Teal Metallic:320c
    1998 Camaro Z/28

Fuel Timing Boundaries

ok so i have a 98 camaro z28 228r w supporting mods, fast 92, fast 36lb injectors(42ish@58lb) lts/ory/cb ect ect....been tinkering with hptuners to learn it from a buddy of mine so i could modify fuel injector timing. at times when idling i get fuel smoke and eye watering fumes. yes i know that no emmisions will cause more fumes ect. but with larger cam with +overlap it can and would run better if i delay the injectors so im not spraying fuel into open exhaust valves. its my understanding that factory fuel timing boundaries is 5.55ml but mine is 7.22ml which seems way off. just curious if anyone had the stock value for the fuel timing boundary. Nor i or my friend have touched this on my car and i dont know the full history of the car ive had it for about 5years and the fueling never seemed to be an issue til i started modding it. my wb reads 14.7+- any imput would be great!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

your idle afr is 14.7? Stock boundary is 7.22. I have the same cam with stock injectors and didn't have to adjust that at all. There's a lot that goes into tuning idle from an airflow and fueling stand point. Somewhere there's a "how to" on tuning idle. It's been years since I've done it so I don't want to steer you in wrong direction but you have to log your idle trims, base airflow p/n and in gear, desired airflow, ect ect. I have a cfg file I can email you if you'll PM me your email address. I'll have to move it from the laptop.
    Has anyone tuned your car at all or are you trying to do it all yourself? First thing you'll have to do is tune for those injectors. I can tell you what I would recommend doing if I had it to do all over again. I would get with frost and have him do a base tune for you because he will get it pretty damn close just by email. Since you have hptuners you can do it all via email with him. You can then do a compare and see what adjustments he made. I can send you my tune to look at but with your injectors our tunes will be quite a bit different. Might give you an idea on what needs done though as far as tables that are changed.
    Last edited by 0rion; 04-25-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Mystic Teal Metallic:320c
    1998 Camaro Z/28

every thing is good my friend did all my tuning but never touched the injector delay and idk if someone tuned it before car is great all around and is tuned for every mod i have just wanna fine tune my fuel timing to help with smell and consuption

Thread Information