Thread: Frost tuning

black
    firebird formula 99

Frost tuning

I want to get my comp tuned by frost i was wondering how long it takes to get it back i know it says up to a few days but do they overnight it back or?

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Probably not, takes time to get the job done right the first time, but I honestly don't know, maybe Frost will chime in.

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

I sent out my computer to Frost by priority mail on a Saturday. Got it back on Wednesday of that week. I'm really impressed. I was prepared to only notice some difference since this is a mail-order type tune, but this really was worth the $125 and more. I have a 2002 WS6 / Auto with only a lid and catback. Every shift is much firmer and quicker. The car doesn't hunt around at low speeds like it did before. From a stop or slow roll the power comes on much smoother and harder. Top end also feels stronger.

Getting the computer out was simple, back in was the same. Just remember to disconnect the battery before pulling the computer. Reinstall is the reverse but be sure to put the gaskets on the plug side and gently seat them and only tighten to snug (torque spec is on the top of the harness plugs, something like 5-6 lbs).

On first start-up it acted like it always does when the battery has been off for a while but settled down in the first 5 miles. I know the computer has more to learn yet since my first ride was only about 15 miles but I'm happy now.

Easiest and most effective mod I've done to the car. Highly recommended.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

sent mine and had it returned in about 5 days. Frost does a great job!

black
    firebird formula 99

Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    sent mine and had it returned in about 5 days. Frost does a great job!
    oh cool yeah i wanna put headers on it before i get it tuned i have the slp maf sensor and im kicking myself from what ive read on here about them so i think im going to put my stock on back on before the tune i bought the superchips cortex tuner thinking it would "tune" my car but i dont think it did anything really

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

He is more likely to see this in here and reply to the thread, or you can PM him and ask him directly

black
    firebird formula 99

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    He is more likely to see this in here and reply to the thread, or you can PM him and ask him directly
    oh ok thanks

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

i did mine overnight and he got it done the same day he received it. He also overnight it back so it took a total of 3 days for me. If you talk to him he will do his best to get it to you as fast as he can. It depends also on the postal service you pick.

black
    firebird formula 99

Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    i did mine overnight and he got it done the same day he received it. He also overnight it back so it took a total of 3 days for me. If you talk to him he will do his best to get it to you as fast as he can. It depends also on the postal service you pick.
    oh ok yeah it my daily driver so i cant have it down to long i dont mind paying for the over night fees do you have to pay the fee to have it shipped back over night to or? ive never done anything like that before

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdformula99 View Post
    oh ok yeah it my daily driver so i cant have it down to long i dont mind paying for the over night fees do you have to pay the fee to have it shipped back over night to or? ive never done anything like that before
    you pay shipping for both ways.

black
    firebird formula 99

Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    you pay shipping for both ways.
    ohhhh ok duh lol thanks ima

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

mine took 5 days i think, if you send him the cost of overnight he can do that for you. He does a great job and the turn around is good regardless.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Hey guys, thanks for the support.

Almost every bolt-ons tune goes back out same-day. The rest are next-day. Most of the shipping time is up to the customer as to how he picks to send it in and how he picks to get it back.

For another $100, you can buy a calibration loaded to a certified, remanufactured PCM to avoid the delay of sending in yours.

Thanks again.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by sjgreen6 View Post
    I sent out my computer to Frost by priority mail on a Saturday. Got it back on Wednesday of that week. I'm really impressed. I was prepared to only notice some difference since this is a mail-order type tune, but this really was worth the $125 and more. I have a 2002 WS6 / Auto with only a lid and catback. Every shift is much firmer and quicker. The car doesn't hunt around at low speeds like it did before. From a stop or slow roll the power comes on much smoother and harder. Top end also feels stronger.

Easiest and most effective mod I've done to the car. Highly recommended.
    Good to know!! I'm thinking this will be one of my, if not my next, mod. Sounds like a worthwile mod for the money.

As far as the tranny shifting, did you get the torque mgmt completely removed?

Thread Information