Dyno tuning in the southeast

I have 98 SS with Vortech charger an power cooler the car runs very rich. I need a good shop that can tune the car properly can yall help me? I live in the upstate of SC.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Thanks

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Try F-Body Motorsports in North Carolina 7044940005.

maroon
    2001 Z28

carolinaautomasters.com(C.A.M.) located in durham nc, jeff creech is the man to get you your tune. buddy of mine has a 98 w/ a procharger and blower cam, creech got him 587 rwhp and 547 rwtq.........he is the best in the nation for tuning. got mine done there too.

99 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by 01mmmz28
    ......he is the best in the nation for tuning.
    That is not true. Apparently you haven't read all of his horror stories.

I have been in contact with Carolina Performance Racing in NC an also Ride Revolution in Johnson City, TN they both have come highly recommended to me by close friends. Do any of you have any experience with either of these companys?

99 Firebird Formula

Haven't heard of Ride Revolution, but here are some quotes from an NC message board concerning Creech (CAM). The link is http://www.horsepowerjunkies.com/for...ghlight=creech

I will post them because I think you need to be a member to read those posts. I hear a lot, lot, lot of bad things because I am right here in NC where a lot of people have tried his tunes.

By the way to understand the following posts..., RPM is a shop in Raleigh that does tuning. I hear excellent things about them, and I see firsthand what PCMforless.com does on the dyno with any kind of setup. I would go with either.

Concerning Creech (CAM):

"I have to say I was a bit dissapointed with my tune and dyno time. There was obviously an issue with the setup but instead of trying to help me resolve it, Jeff (CAM) just gave me a "safe tune" and sent me on my way. For $400 I'd expect the tuner to help me figure out the issue. I've got plenty more to say but I'll bite my tongue for now.."

"tuned my car for a year or so and when I took it to RPM to fix the tune (I had 36# injectors that jeff (CAM) was supposed to have tuned for) well instead of changing the injector constant in the program he rescaled my entire MAF table. so needless to say we deleted that program and started over."

(someone's response to a a/f graph on a car tuned by Jeff (CAM) )

"Your A/F graph looks like ass. Definitely needs some smoothing. Give RPM a try. RPM got 31 RWHP out of a cam, lid, header, LS6 intake car the other day. A/F graph was straight as an arrow"

"I am going to go back to him but only for a few reasons...1-to make him tune it properly and even out my a/f instead of leaving it looking like mashed up asshole and 2 - because I paid 400 bucks for his "lifetime" tune deal...thinking that it'd be a good idea because I keep modding the crap out of this thing.

Oh well. I may give RPM a chance to outdo his tune once I get this thing straightened out."

"I also paid the $400 for his lifetime tune, then i went back and got re-tuned a number of times and paid for dyno time. When i got charged an additional $400 when i got a blower added to my setup, I wasn't too excited. Plus waiting around for half the day to get my car tuned is not my cup of tea."

"from what ive been hearing about CAM, i think im def. gonna get my car tuned at RPM this summer. Plus the people at RPM are alot cooler."

"yea I know all about that lifetime tuning....oh no wait I paid 600 up front, then 200, then 150....oh yeah F^@&# him!"

"I worked at CAM for like a year when Mike Ellis was there and when Mike left i went with him. For one thing me or Mike couldn't deal with his lying and his crying. Jeff has screwed so many people i'm suprised he's still in bussiness. But to each his own and i know one thing and that is that Jeff Creech is as useless as rubber lips on a woodpecker. Thats my 2 cents."

"Never did get the shift points right in my 99 SS, after i paid the tuning bill to boot, Its a hard pill to swallow, I'm sure I know how it happend, It was something that he tried to pin mechanically going bad or on the install, he kind of brushed you aside, and went on to tuning the next car."

"Jeff if you are reading, maybe take away something from this, like that fact that you leave your customers unsatisfied and treat them like they're not worth your time...which we sure as hell paid for!!! I've talked to other customers/friends of yours some that live states away and they all said the same thing...you either give an awesome tune (which I'm sure you are capable of) or hit hiccup and walk away leaving it only "driveable"."

"it wasnt that he fucked up my tune it was the fact that he put my car on the dyno did one pull, and looks at me and said in his exact words. "your fucked, your down 20 hp." and i was like WTF? he wanted me to drop my car off with him and let him figure out wat was wrong with my car.....that day he didnt want to help me not one bit. he knew rpm works on my car. and from the day i die they will work on my car. im not doubting his tuning skills. its the lack of customer communication and appriciation......."

AS far as carolina performance racing (in Charlotte?) I have not heard many outstanding things about them either. They mostly do import stuff.

Those are taken straight from the board, as I don't do the whole 'hearsay' thing.
    Last edited by keliente; 01-23-2006 at 04:29 PM.

lee1rbc
    I get my car tuned at CAM and Jeff was recommended to me by two different people who said He was the best. I have been there twice and both times I had a great experience. I thought Jeff was very friendly and professional, I look forward to going back.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

I don't give help to Vols fans...especially after the Vols ruined my basketball party last Saturday night.

I spoke to Matt at MK Performance today an he seems very knowledgeable but that is quite a way for me to drive. I think Im going to Ride Revolution all my friends in Johnson City are very high on these guys abilities.

P.S. GatorSS you think we ruined your bb party wait until this fall when the gators have to travel up on Rocky Top an come to Neyland Stadium.

Blue01C5

Tune it Yourself

Why not tune it yourself? EFILive software costs $699 and comes with two licenses (for two different vehicles). PLUS, you can tune as many '97s and 98s as you want without using up a license. The members of the EFILive forum are very helpful and I've seen them answer question after question, trying to help guys out. Hell, one guy has even done tunes and e-mailed them at no charge. It's actually better and easier to work out part throttle issues on the street and then all you need a dyno session for is to clean up wide open throttle. It will take a bit of work (not all that much) to learn the tuning procedures, but there is plenty of help available. If nothing else, you'll be able to ask the right questions before spending money on dyno time. And you also be able to fix any of undesirable changes that a "tuning expert" has made.

Red
    02 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Vols Fan
    I have 98 SS with Vortech charger an power cooler the car runs very rich. I need a good shop that can tune the car properly can yall help me? I live in the upstate of SC.
    The hell with F-Body Motorsports...Go to Hawks Third Gen motorosports and they will take care u way better than anyone else around. There located in Easley so its a short drive from Landrum..http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/home
    [COLOR=black]I Peddle Posters

Black
    2000 WS6

I had my car tuned at Carolina AutoMasters (CAM) in Durham, NC. Will I ever go back and see the infamous Jeff Creech? Hell NO!

Very bad business ethics to say the least.
    *So be cautious*
    Last edited by Tman; 02-07-2006 at 05:49 PM.

Red
    1998 Z28

Carolina speed shop does tuning carolinass.com

Dreaming of an LS1 senior gomez's Avatar

Teal
    91 teg (stock,notmodding)

haha i doubt you havent got your car tuned by now but just in case i would come to hawks...maybe because i work there...but bruce will definatly hook you up, and its in easley off 135

dont hate because its a few months late

Bruce tuned the car in Febuary. Thanks for the advice.

Thread Information