blue
    2002 Trans Am

DiabloSport InTune

I am fixing to put this on my 02 Auto Trans Am, just wanted to here any thoughts on the DiabloSport Intune.
    I already know that a custom dyno tune is going to be the best out of any tuner, I just didn't know what the feedback was on it without a dyno tune.
    Dyno tune will come down the road for sure, right now, got different gears in the rear end so that is why I got it. just waiting on the rear end to get installed and then will be uploading this.
    Thanks and God Bless

ASh

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I used a diablosport predator on my GTO when I had it. I thought it was a halfway decent tuner for a car you're keeping relatively stock.

blue
    2002 Trans Am

yes pretty much simple bolt-ons
    if I keep the car long enough and the engine goes, will be doing some nice add ons

ASh

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

You can't beat a mail order tune from Frost imo. That being said, unless you are installing headers you should be good to go with the handheld. Once you start altering airflow through the engine you will want to step up to the next level and either go with a mail order or dyno tune to achieve the best results.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    You can't beat a mail order tune from Frost imo. That being said, unless you are installing headers you should be good to go with the handheld. Once you start altering airflow through the engine you will want to step up to the next level and either go with a mail order or dyno tune to achieve the best results.
    I had the older predator that would let you turn off O2 codes. It's a better tuner than you might think really. It data logs so you can look at trims and it gives you fairly decent control over fueling and spark. I wouldn't think twice about putting headers on a car and tuning with that predator. I never got that far on mine because the GTO was always meant to stay stock. I had hptuners at the time but wanted to try that diablo just to see how it worked. I almost left it on the car but did end up selling it and tuned with hptuners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Thanks guys, for input

ASh

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Was not aware of the difference in handhelds. I run ours plugged into the OBDII port and utilize its gauge functions to monitor everything important. I wish the Hypertech display matched the red dash light color.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I had the old 1st generation of hpp3.......it was a very entry level tuner. Even with that being said I loved the shift settings it had. As a matter of fact (and this was back in the early 00's) I got the hpp3's shift tables from Ed at the time in an ls1edit file and still use most of those settings today.

Thread Information