Thread: Damn it

Damn it

I was using the PowerProgrammer I just got. It takes about 20 minutes for it to take the flash, and the key has to be on when it is being done. I left my car, then came back. My fucking battery was at 9 Volts and the prgrammer stopped at 94%.

WTF can I do now?

I am going to get a new battery tomorrow. But, is the PCM fucked? Or, should I just try reprograming it again?

Damnnnnnnnnnnn it. . . . . . . . . . .

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

should be able to redo it. or just jump it while all hooked up.

Thanks for the info, I hope it all works out.

Why in hell did the battery have to die this one time? Damn. . . . . . . . . .

That is a no go. Got a new battery, car does not start(or even try, just cranks). The PowerProrammer will not communicate with the car at all.

It says to call HyperTech, which I will do on my next day off.

I say the PCM is fucked.

Any other suggestions?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

it was in the middle of a rewrite. you have corrupted files. have to go to dealership and have the PCM reflashed with a stock file. now here's the kicker. the HPP may not work. it might, seeing as it has the same vin still in it.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

That is what I thought too. But, I can not get it to the dealership(since the car is dead). I found a place online (madtuner.com), it says they can reprogram it back to stock for 50 Bucks.

It is better since I can ship the PCM off. But I realy don't want to send my PCM anywhere. I wonder if HyperTech can do anything over the phone?

This realy sucks.

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

not to kick you while your down, but you should have spent the extra money on the max energy model

it takes 5 minutes to read,write,and seal the deal. It can be unlocked through the web if something like what happened here takes place. Something to think about!

I'd call the programmers manufacturer and tell them there programmer F'd your car in the A. They might be able to help.

Or you could always show up on their doorstep and go postal

The reason they made the max energy was to stop this from happening. They know its a problem, and they made it that way.

The only reason I got the programmer is that it was so cheap(80 Bucks). I will try calling HyperTech to see what they can do. I also talked to a guy who runs a shop where my friend works, he said he could send it to a reman place and get it flashed to stock for 70 Bucks. I would also get it back the same day.

But, it blows that the PowerProgrammer will be useless unless HyperTech flashes it back. Since it is locked to my car.

Quote Originally Posted by samson_420 View Post
    The only reason I got the programmer is that it was so cheap(80 Bucks). I will try calling HyperTech to see what they can do. I also talked to a guy who runs a shop where my friend works, he said he could send it to a reman place and get it flashed to stock for 70 Bucks. I would also get it back the same day.

But, it blows that the PowerProgrammer will be useless unless HyperTech flashes it back. Since it is locked to my car.
    Not to kick you while you're down, but thats why them things are so damn cheap.
    With HPtuners, or EFIlive, you only write the calibration to the ECM, not a complete rewrite, which is the most critical. As long as you're only writing the cal back to the ecm, you can almost always recover the pcm in event of a loss of communication. Not so with a complete rewrite. Shoulda had a battery charger on it. Sorry, dont mean to be an asshole.

I know you said it won't communicate, but I'd try resetting it/restore stock tune after disconnecting the battery again...at this point it's worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28 View Post
    I know you said it won't communicate, but I'd try resetting it/restore stock tune after disconnecting the battery again...at this point it's worth a try.

I tried disconnecting the battery again. It still does nothing.

I went to a local stealership here in town. They were realy cool about it, they said if I got the car to them they would redo all of it back to stock for 80 Bucks.

I will still call HyperCrap tomorrow.

All I can say is, "you live and you learn".

I have another vehicle to drive, so I am okay.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

well, you can at least take a little comfort in knowing that you're not alone. I've seen this happen to many many people over the years. Just chalk it up as a learning experience, tow your car to the dealership, throw the hpp3 in the trash, and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    throw the hpp3 in the trash, and move on.
    Or sell it on eGay. . . . . Damn it. What a POS. . . .That's what I get for thinking things will work like they are advertised.

Well, I called HyperCrap. They said that the PCM needs to be flashed. So I asked can I still use the programmer. . . . . No you don't want to do that, it will kill the new PCM because it is hung up. Also they can not reprogram this unit, since it is discontinued. . .

FUCK HYPERTECH ! - - - -That is all for now. . . . . . . .

Well, I got it to the stealership. They reflashed my PCM for 85 Bucks total. But if I was going get robed this is the place. Flashed my PCM for 85 bucks then welded my exhaust for free. . . . .Nice.

The best stealership service I have ever seen. . . . A + For Garett Motors!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

not a bad deal. You must've caught someone on a good day.

Thread Information