Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Question Cheap & Easy !EGR?

I'm doing more and more under the hood of my car and wanna remove the stupid EGR valve. The second you guys can tell me what's the easiest way to kill the code it's gonna throw, I'll grab some blockoff's. I have a HPP3, and was thinkin about a Diablo, but will it get rid of the code permanently? (as long as it has the Diablo Tune)??? I don't have $500.00+ for a whole shpeel of tuning software. Please help. Thanks.

The new versions of Predator can permanently delete air, egr and rear 02 codes - but isn't cheap. Cheapest route is knowing someone with tuning software, next would be finding a shop to do it for you. Around here usually costs 1 hour shop time. We don't have emissions but don't know if it's legal in your area. Whoever you find to do it make sure you take the HPP3 tune out of the car first before deleting the codes.

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

I can help you out with the code deletions if you'd like pm me if interested.
    Support for HPTuners

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Here's the real question. Will having that code thrown on effect my car's performance at all or will it just be an annoying light on my gauges?

Quote Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28 View Post
    The new versions of Predator can permanently delete air, egr and rear 02 codes - but isn't cheap. Cheapest route is knowing someone with tuning software, next would be finding a shop to do it for you. Around here usually costs 1 hour shop time. We don't have emissions but don't know if it's legal in your area. Whoever you find to do it make sure you take the HPP3 tune out of the car first before deleting the codes.
    Well, there's still other crap I'm trying to do (Gears, Stall etc.) before I go for a tune like that. I was just looking for quick and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by foff667 View Post
    I can help you out with the code deletions if you'd like pm me if interested.
    Hey man, I spoke to you via AIM before about other stuff, I'll try to catch you on there again, thanks.

I can delete the codes for you as well with EFILIVE-takes 10 mins---1st you have to disable it's operation --then delete it's reporting Tom
    Last edited by mrr23; 12-04-2006 at 05:13 PM. Reason: removed non-sponsor advertisement

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by tom bogdanich View Post
    I can delete the codes for you as well with EFILIVE-takes 10 mins---1st you have to disable it's operation --then delete it's reporting Tom
    How the hell would we do that? I live in NJ and you live in CA... I don't wanna have to ship out my PCM man, unless there's another way?!?
    Last edited by mrr23; 12-04-2006 at 05:14 PM. Reason: removed non-sponsor advertisement

OOPS--sorry guys--I am new to the forums and wasn't familiar with all the rules--but i am now--I quoted someone a price to fix an ECM problem with a tune--It won't hapen again And I apolgize to all the vendors----Tom

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

no problem.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    Hey man, I spoke to you via AIM before about other stuff, I'll try to catch you on there again, thanks.
    not a problem man, just buy me somethin to eat & consider it done.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by foff667 View Post
    not a problem man, just buy me somethin to eat & consider it done.
    What would a night out at Red Lobster and then to a titty bar get me?

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    What would a night out at Red Lobster and then to a titty bar get me?
    probably a dirty look from my wife lol

98 Formula
    06 duramax

make sure you have a way to log the car after you pull the EGR. When I pulled mine I started getting some KR that I had to tune out. Some people have the knock and some don't. I think it has more to do with mine being a 98 and a more aggressive timing table but that's JMO. Either way, it would be a good idea to log it.

Part of the EGR deletion is to "0" out the "EGR Spark Correction "table --Found on EFILIVE at Bin #B5907-That file adds up to 10* at some points when the EGR is active. Many tuners including myself "0" out this file even if the EGR is operational to eliminate KR .

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'm still an old edit user. I had to do it the old fashioned way and manually calculate g/cyl and work the table that way. One of these days I'll break down and get hptuners but edit works and it's hard to just pitch it when it works.

Thread Information