Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

white

anyone heard from frost?

Hey guys I'm about to send my computer to frost but I haven't heard from him. I know there were some big hurricanes out in his area and want to make sure hes still in business before i ship out my ecu. I know hes a busy guy so I don't want to bother him but i need to get this done kinda fast.
    Also My cars a 99 with lts in the header install thread it says to use 01 corvette rear o2s but i don't know if thats for the rear if you don't delete them or for the fronts. Do I need those if I'm only running the front ones? Thanks

Black
    2001 Formula

I sent him a email on Aug 21 and havent heard anything...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

http://www.ls1.com/forums/members/frost/

he was on last 8/25/11...

send him a PM... i have great faith he'll help you out and be in touch... i've never heard anything bad about him or his company...

white

I already sent him a pm. I haven't heard anything bad about him either all good reviews other than its hard to get ahold of him but thats understandable with how busy he is. I just heard there were hurricanes over there and wanted to make sure he wasn't having any problems because of them. If I haven't heard anything by monday I'll just send it and hope everything goes good. What it seams like the sight says to do is buy the tune and send your pcm with the tune sheet thats on his site and if he has any questions hell either call or message me and if not he will just send it back but I'm not really sure.
    Last edited by pk222; 09-01-2011 at 12:53 PM.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

He does do some travelling, but he'll get you taken care of. If something did happen, I'm sure he'd post it on his site and here as well.

If you are eliminating the cats/emissions, then you will only use the front O2s. Many use the Bosch 13111s, as the wire harness is long enough to reach without splicing - splicing is not recommended. Frost can tune out the SES light that would occur from not using the rear O2s - which is the only effect of not using the rear o2s. If you are retaining the cats/emissions, then you could use the same sensors as the front, if the harness from the old ones are not long enough.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Why don't you call his shop?

white

He doesn't have a number posted.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I have his number, not sure I can give it out though...

white

I'm sure he didn't post it for a reason so I wouldn't call anyway. I'll just send it out monday. minimum 12 days without my cars gonna suck lol

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

I hope everything is ok with him...he's in Richmond, which had the earthquake quickly followed by the hurricane.

Him and I were in the middle of an email chain trying to set up an appointment for my dyno tune this month.

white

Thats why I asked if anyone had heard from him.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Found this message from him on another forum he visits
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    Hey guys,

we got nailed by the hurricane. The shop now has power back but my home does not. Much of my email and PM work is done at night at home, so expect some added delays until the end of the week.

white

ok cool thank you. I didn't want to rush anything or send a bunch of pms but i need to get a tune so I can pass smog and can't get my reg tags until i get it done that were due last month.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Steve @ Frost is a very good tuner but he is also very busy so do not expect an email back in a timely manner. I am still waiting for an answer for a month. He does do a good job and he will get your PCM back to you quickly.

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

You should be alright. I shot him an e-mail before I sent my computer out to him, never did get a response back, but he got my computer back to me quick as promise, and the car is running amazing. He does good work for sure!!!

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 2002ssslp View Post
    Steve @ Frost is a very good tuner but he is also very busy so do not expect an email back in a timely manner. I am still waiting for an answer for a month. He does do a good job and he will get your PCM back to you quickly.
    Not true...this is the only time I've never gotten an email back within a few hours.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Yeah I've sent him e-mails before also and he always responded to them and my PM's. After he tuned my car for me on the street/DYNO he was even nice enough to call me in the evening at home and chat with me for about an hour going over all the details of the tune and what was done. I wouldn't be too worried. Sounds like he's just playing catch-up some at the moment, which is very understandable given the circumstances.

white

I sent him a message through his site seeing about how much it would be to buy a pcm from him thats already tuned. If I don't hear back soon I'll just send mine.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Give the guy a break. its only been 12 days since the hurricane. Richmond is still having problems power outages

white

I know. That was the whole reason of making the thread was that I didn't want to bother him. Everyones telling me to just send my pcm and everything should be fine but I wanted some verification first that his shop was even still open. This is my only car and i live in the middle of no where so I'm trying to get an idea of how long I'm going to be without a car. I wasn't saying anything bad about him at all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information