Black
    1998 Pontiac Transam WS6

Will a Moser 12 bolt out of a 2000 Camaro fit a 1998 WS6?

What'up all. So late last night on the way home, I was playing around on the freeway with my 1998 Transam WS6 (6spd) and a little after I got on the freeway starting hearing this awful racket coming from what sounds like the rear of my car. I pushed in the clutch and reved the engine a little and didn't hear anything so the motor's ok its seems but putting the car into gear and putting a load on the car the car is making an awful racket and I'm beginning to think I snapped my 10 bolt (or something of that nature).
    I'm going to have this checked out tomorrow or early this week hopefully, but also know of someone in my area who's selling a Moser 12 bolt out of a 2000 camaro. He says its the stock length. If it turns out that I need a new rear end, I'm thinking of buying the moser 12 bolt off this guy. My question is, will a moser 12 bolt (stock length) out of a 2000 Camaro fit in a 1998 Firebird Transam WS6 (manual - not sure if that matters) ? Thanks guys

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Yes..... 93-02 have the same rears (POS 10 bolts). If you can jump on a 12 bolt, do so.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Yes, it will fit fine. The only issue may be the difference between an ABS only rear versus the WS.6 that should have both ABS and traction control. The ABS only rear has a reluctor on the differential housing. The ABS/TCS rears have reluctors at the end of each axle - and I believe they also run a dual brake circuit.

Yep, the only hickup you might find is a difference in brake lines and wire harnesses if one or the other has the optional traction control.

Hopefully you have scored one that is optioned the same as your car. Otherwise you'll have some issues to deal with that will cost a fair amount of money to correct.

Thread Information