Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Why not a Dana 44?

I know this isn't about 4th gens specificly, but I just can't find an answer to this question. Here's the link to my thread over on camaros.net. See what you think. http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=127465

It did come in third gen Firebirds, and was available over the counter throught GM Performance Parts. If someone has a catalog from the late 80's to mid 90's it's in there, but has been discontinued since.
    The rear works great and is cast with a torque arm mount in it. No c clips, and 30 spline axles out of the box, and disc brakes.
    I have one in my Camaro and have never had trouble with it even when it was stock. It now has a Richmond spool, and Moser axles, plus a T/A cover. The almost 20 year old stock axles and wheel studs went 1.43 60 foot times, and 11.00 over and over! There was a nice twisting effect to the splines when I changed them, but it could have been worse.
    They are narrower than what a 4th gen has though.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

thank you Ten. I have been wainting on an answer for around 3 weeks if not longer and haven't came up anything yet. How much hp/tq do you think one could hold with say 30 spline axles, 3.73 gears, locked(limited slip), street tires and a 4 speed. thanks again. Jason

I'm making roughly 700 horsepower and it's held up to that with slicks and an automatic. It's all in how it's built. I set mine up to withstand the abuse I'm giving it, and I'm willing to comprimise some noise from it in order to make it last.
    I wouldn't try putting the power the engine from my 10.5 car makes through it, but it will take abuse is the bottom line.

Thread Information