tranny swap question...

I want to change out my old school 350 tranny with a 4l60e out of a 1995 model roadmaster. Has anyone here done that or know what would be involved in doing this ? Thank you for any help you can give this noob.
    Nate
    Last edited by excessive nate; 02-14-2007 at 05:26 PM.

blk
    ?

i kinda have the same question but the opposite....i actually want to put the t350 0r t400 behind my lt1

I would think that would be a fairly easy swap. I found a nice forum with the info I needed on it, This forum seems to be dead - or the ones on here dont know what the answer is. But I did find what I was looking for on another forum. Hopefully someone will be able to help you. If not, I would find another forum to check out. This swap is going in my 68 Camaro. I also have a 91 Chevy stepside with a late model engine built to 450hp that I am taking out the 700r and putting in a 350 trans. I Just started on it but It looks to be an easy job.

Quote Originally Posted by excessive nate View Post
    I want to change out my old school 350 tranny with a 4l60e out of a 1995 model roadmaster. Has anyone here done that or know what would be involved in doing this ? Thank you for any help you can give this noob.
    Nate
    into what?

Quote Originally Posted by YoMommasTA View Post
    into what?

I would think that would be a fairly easy swap. I found a nice forum with the info I needed on it, This forum seems to be dead - or the ones on here dont know what the answer is. But I did find what I was looking for on another forum. Hopefully someone will be able to help you. If not, I would find another forum to check out. This swap is going in my 68 Camaro. I also have a 91 Chevy stepside with a late model engine built to 450hp that I am taking out the 700r and putting in a 350 trans. I Just started on it but It looks to be an easy job.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by excessive nate View Post
    Nate
    even though you found your answer, i'll still give a reply for others to see.

swapping from a TH350 to a 4L60E from that particular car is straight forward. same bellhousing pattern and spacing and basic style flexplate is used. what you will need to get is a transmission controller, so the transmission will shift gears, as it's computer controlled.

http://tciauto.com/Products/Electronics/
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

one thing i forgot. if your TH350 has the 6" tailhousing, you will need to shorten your driveshaft about 3". the TH350 with the 9" tailhousing and the 4L60E are 1/16" difference in length.

http://tciauto.com/Products/TechInfo/trans_dims.asp

Thread Information