On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Transmission mount

I installed the poly mount yesterday but the preload plate in made sure the mount was facing the right way and put all back in. My first drive shift felt slightly firmer and I decided to see what it did going faster and I got a consistent vibration. I went back under her tightened the hell out of the center mount took her back out and nothing-I even went faster than previous. Got back in her again and i'm feeling that vibration coming through the center console. For you a4 guys you know how the plastic bit that is like a cheap shifter boot vibrates sometimes, well it doesn't really go away. Does the new mount just do this or can something be botched up in there?

white
    2001 b4c camaro

My bushings had been replaced, with poly ones when I bought my car.... terrible vibration, a local mechanic tried replacing them with rubber mounts and it solved my problem... might have to do this to get the vibration down... just a thought

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

My rubber mount is just fine so I can go back to stock if this is the case. I told I could take out the pre-load plate to put more angle between the tranny and the driveshaft so hopefully this solves it.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Dont use that plate. Might also help to grind off those two 'nubs' on top. I didnt have to though. I had zero vibration, drove great. But, unless your also using Poly Motor Mounts... Ide suggest going back to the stock rubber. I did.

The engine wants to flex, but the trans mount does not want to. Easy way to break tranny related parts.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Someone mentioned the motor mounts as well so I went back to stock-sigh. Thanks for the plate idea I went to do that and said fuck it, I have a torque arm bushing should I wait on that too?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I have poly TQ arm bushings. Everything else on my car is pretty much poly. As long as the motor and trans mounts are the same I think it will be ok.

black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

This is the one I installed on mine today being the stock one was broken and worn.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by 98Hardtop View Post
    This is the one I installed on mine today being the stock one was broken and worn.
    Click for full size
    Now I know what it looks like
    Any abnormal vibrations?

black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

I just feel a slight vibration from the transmission but that is expected. Nothing major at all. Infact anything I have installed on this car and my Cobra that had upgraded bushings, I always felt more NVH.

Which one did you go with?
    Last edited by 98Hardtop; 07-26-2009 at 12:44 PM.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Its not reccomended to run a Poly Trans mount with stock rubber engine mounts. I did it for quite some time, and Im really regretting it. If you do the poly trans mount, do poly engine mounts. Then your golden.

I went back to a stock rubber trans mount because I did not want to do motor mounts right now. Just FYI

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

[QUOTE=Hi-Po;2004386]Its not reccomended to run a Poly Trans mount with stock rubber engine mounts. I did it for quite some time, and Im really regretting it. If you do the poly trans mount, do poly engine mounts. Then your golden. QUOTE]

Just curious as to why?

black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

I plan on doing poly motor mounts when I do my LT's.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by thearborbarber View Post
    Its not reccomended to run a Poly Trans mount with stock rubber engine mounts. I did it for quite some time, and Im really regretting it. If you do the poly trans mount, do poly engine mounts. Then your golden. QUOTE]

Just curious as to why?
    Because the stock rubber mounts flex more, while you have a sturdier tranny mount-tight on one end while the loose end is able to yank at it causes more stress.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Think of it this way. The engine itself is able to flew more then the trans. They are connected One want to flex/turn more then the other. It just in general creates more stress on the moutning points for each, engine and transmission.

navy blue metalic
    2001 camaro ss

got bad news for some of you guys i did the same thing put the poly mount in had vibrations its not the poly measure the total height of stock and poly, the poly was almost 3/4 in taller that screws up the driveshaft angle if you adjust the pinion angle it be ok but i put the stocker back on i had the energy suspension dont know bout the prothane mount

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by SSDEUCE View Post
    got bad news for some of you guys i did the same thing put the poly mount in had vibrations its not the poly measure the total height of stock and poly, the poly was almost 3/4 in taller that screws up the driveshaft angle if you adjust the pinion angle it be ok but i put the stocker back on i had the energy suspension dont know bout the prothane mount
    I got the energy suspension aswell I didn't see a difference but good to know none the less.

navy blue metalic
    2001 camaro ss

well that was with the preload plate they say you have to have it hopefully there not all like mine

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

i'll get a pic of mine up tomorrow

Work..Eat..Sleep..Repeat nut6778's Avatar

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28

I've got the Pro-thane Mount. I have a little vibration, not more than to be expected with a semi-solid mount. Haven't yet installed the motor mounts, been like that for over a year. I had to install the trany mount because my driveshaft was smacking my safety loop. Was waiting on the motor mounts 'til I gets me some head...ers!

black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

I have a stock one on order and coming tomorrow and just going to swap them out until I do longtubes and can get/install pro-thane motor mounts.

Thread Information