hugger orange
    99 camaro z28

thud noise when shifting.

i have a 99 Z28 and have had this thud noise when doing hard shifts from first to second. it is a m6 with pacesetter headers and ory pipe. it seemed to start after i installed the headers and i also replaced the clutch at about the same time. i remembered someone talking about a rubber mount for the y pipe on the left side. could someone please tell me if this could be causing the noise and if so, where i can get that y pipe mount? thanks

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

where in ny are u at? i have the same EXACT prob....already checked my tranny mount and its fine...added a bmr tq arm..prob sill there........guys at neweraperformance think its my spec clutch.....they say theyve heard of them grabbing then skipping and causing that thud noise........theve also heard of one exploding on a vette causing LOTs of damage .....lemmme know if u figure it out? ill do the same for u.....i already posted about this a few weeks back to.check it out

hugger orange
    99 camaro z28

hey. i am between buffalo and rochester near six flags darien lake. i have the ram powergrip clutch though. i think my noise is related to the y pipe. do you have headers on your car? also was wondering if you ever race at new york international? i go up there on friday nights but there is a gm vs. mustange event on a saturday in sept. i will let you know of the date and also about the noise. thanks

pewter

goin to korn at darien on the 29th???? i cant wait!!!! ..nope no headers on the car yet..im planning on koooks....its not part of lingenfelters 383 package believe it or not..lol....im putin down 400 rwhp without headers...im expecting at least 30 rwhp whne i get them..hope im not disappointed......nope never been to the track before...where's it at? is it a 1/4 mile track? The 2 near roch are 1/8th and 1/10th i think....dont seee much point of goin to the track for an 1/8th run....what are the rules when u run around here? as far as helmet, driveshaft loop, roll cage........once i learn how to launch halfway decent at the track i should easily be in the 12s..think i need some of those bullshit safety things

hugger orange
    99 camaro z28

hey tony. the track is in livingston county in a town called leicester. it is an ihra 1/4 mile track. the last time i went, ran a 13.1@109. all i needed was a helmet. i know if you run slicks, you need a driveshaft loop but i just run drag radials. the website for them is nyirp.com. probably about an hour from roch. let me know if you decide to go. the mustang vs gm race is on sept 16 which is a saturday. i will be up there possibly this friday. debating on the korn show. depends on if my gf wants to go.

pewter

nice and good run......ever been to a first timer open track night there?...dont want to many ppl watchin whne i spin all the way thru first after fukin up my burn out..lol

hugger orange
    99 camaro z28

fridays are test and tune except the dates noted on their schedule online. wed nights are amatuer night. i found that fridays are the best bet to get alot of runs in but you have to get there early at like 5:30 pm. ive gotten like 10+ runs in on fridays in the past. check out the website for more info. dont worry about burning the tires off. i almost clipped the wall there a couple of times. lmao

pewter

LOL wow..nicely done...just got done lookina t the pics from that site.....can i say WOW...saw a early 90s rusted out caviler and some dude with a trophy..wtf? 20 sec car class? LOL ....didnt see one nice car out of those pics...at least not for street or import

hugger orange
    99 camaro z28

yeah. a little bit of everything at that track. the track itself is nice to run on though. if ya go, look for me there. i have the only hugger orange z28 around here so it should be easy to spot. lol.

Thread Information