2000 Trans Am

Are these a good buy?

I am going to buy new gears today!!! And need to know the best brand and where to buy them (links would help)!!! I have heard US Strange Gears are some of the best but need other opinions........Also want to know what ratio I should get, I have the 3.23 now in my automatic, and street race a lot so i want to keep traction on street tires!!!! Need your help here guys!!!! Thanks, Chris
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

I went with Richmond 3.73s in my A4 and thats what your going to want to do, 4.10s on an A4 is not worth it. With my Richmonds I have very little wine just between 55 and 60 mph is when they make a little noise. Your still going to break your tires loose if you have "reg street tires" I would suggest getting a stickyer tire but this is based off of the info you gave us, idk what kind of tire you have, but when I did my 3.73s I went with Nitto 555rs DRs and its an amazing tire to compensate for the mods you have and are going to have....

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

You dont have to go with Richmond lol I was just saying your prolly going to want to go with 3.73s for sure.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula. View Post
    I went with Richmond 3.73s in my A4 and thats what your going to want to do, 4.10s on an A4 is not worth it. With my Richmonds I have very little wine just between 55 and 60 mph is when they make a little noise. Your still going to break your tires loose if you have "reg street tires" I would suggest getting a stickyer tire but this is based off of the info you gave us, idk what kind of tire you have, but when I did my 3.73s I went with Nitto 555rs DRs and its an amazing tire to compensate for the mods you have and are going to have....
    I am definatly going to go with the 3.73. But now what brand? I have heard that the US Strange Gears are some of the best! What brand does everyone suggest?

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

From what I hear all the companys that make gears are pretty good, no better then another.

Black
    99 SS

really it depends on how good the install goes if they make a lot of noise, I had US gears in my chevelle and they were pretty nice

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

I hear Motive can be pretty noisy that is why I went with Richmond, just look around and find a brand that stands out to you...

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

can anyone provide a link to buy US gear? Ive looked but havent found a dealer. Thanks

Thread Information