Black
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Suspension or Drivetrain Issue?

Hey guys, I am really in a bind here. I just recently had some work done on my drivetrain and now the drivetrain/transmission shop is telling me they can't fix the "suspension" problem that is occurring and I need to come pick up my car.

The driveshaft fell out due to a bad u-joint. The shop ended up putting in a new driveshaft, new ring and pinion gear set, new pinion bearing set, new yoke, new u joints and over $600 in labor/shipping/misc that amounted to $1750. I picked up the car and the rear made a horrible sound anytime I hit a bump in the road, which is quite frequent out here. So I took the car back to him and he said "We can fix it."

Now, the shop is telling me they can't fix my "suspension" problem. I don't know if I should pick up my car. Would that legally show that I am accepting their failure? I didn't have this problem before the driveshaft blew. Could my driveshaft be too long? The guy claims that local shops won't touch the car because of all the aftermarket suspension stuff on it. He also says that he talked to UMI when adjusting the torque arm and they are giving him erroneous settings that will cause the driveshaft to pop out again.

Currently, when I look under the car with the suspension loaded, the rear swaybar is rubbing on the Moser 12 bolt differential and the bar above the pumpkin (upper panhard bar?) is also rubbing on the top side of the pumpkin. I am not sure if this is what is hitting or not. I need help ASAP because after >$5K into the rear end, I can't even drive it. It almost makes me have to get rid of my car and I really don't want to. I just can't afford to put another couple thousand dollars into it to just to make it drivable. If I put $2K into it, I would at least want new heads.

Any help is appreciated! Shop suggestions? What to do suggestions? What the problem could be suggestions? Thanks. (Sorry for the novel)

Mods:
    Koni Shocks (4/4)
    Strano Springs
    BMR SFCs
    UMI adjustable TA
    UMI LCAs
    LCA re-location brackets
    Moser 12 bolt
    UMI adjustable panhard bar
    whole new f**** drivetrain!

1971, 73,78, 85,92,95,

Wow how do people with no clue stay in business.....

Ask that AH how the driveshaft can possibly fall out of a car when it hits a bump and by adjusting the bar according to UMI which are probably telling him to put 1 degree negative angle.

I wouldn't pay another cent and pick the car up....

YOU already paid money for some fukin BS work that isn't right.... Tell them that.

Where in CA are you ?

Black
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I am in NorCal, in between SF and Sacremento. So I picked up the car and I didn't get charged anything this time. I have cooled down and my frustration is now focused on the fact I still can't drive my car. I drove it home and it appeared normal, but I won't feel safe until I get the ok from a legitimate aftermarket suspension shop. I know I am not the only f-body out there with aftermarket suspension components; I find it hard to believe that no one will touch my car. I need to find someone that can adjust the torque arm and panhard bar so I can drive the hell out of her again. I miss it.

1971, 73,78, 85,92,95,

Let me make a call to a friend in CA and see if there is someone he can recommend in that area.

Thread Information