Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

Still Same Clutch Problem

Shop says everything looks good
    But it isn't
    It's like this is something that has never happen so long as there have been manual transmissions

When I hit about 5000 rpm clutch doesn't come back up on its own. (racing or downshifting to get a move on)

Never happens in 1st gear I can get through that gear clean.

So far the only possibility anyone has been able to come up with is there may be something wrong internally in the master
    I did get something in the mail though about the catalytic converter failure in the 2000 models I was thinking that could have something to do with it since the problems is at high RPM and the computer did say i was having a converter problem hence the check engine light.

black
    1999 camaro

samething happened to me, I got a new slave cynlinder and a new clutch and that took care of it. Now I herd alot of guy say just getting the slave will take care of it but I figured might as well spend a couple more bucks and do the new clutch 2.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Fade2Black View Post
    Shop says everything looks good
    But it isn't
    It's like this is something that has never happen so long as there have been manual transmissions

When I hit about 5000 rpm clutch doesn't come back up on its own. (racing or downshifting to get a move on)

Never happens in 1st gear I can get through that gear clean.

So far the only possibility anyone has been able to come up with is there may be something wrong internally in the master
    I did get something in the mail though about the catalytic converter failure in the 2000 models I was thinking that could have something to do with it since the problems is at high RPM and the computer did say i was having a converter problem hence the check engine light.
    The computer and cat converter would have nothing to do with the hydraulic clutch system. The ECU doesn't monitor the clutch system at all, its independent from the rest of the powertrain.

I'd replace the slave cylinder first and bleed the system. If that doesn't fix the issue, then replace the master as well.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    The computer and cat converter would have nothing to do with the hydraulic clutch system. The ECU doesn't monitor the clutch system at all, its independent from the rest of the powertrain.

I'd replace the slave cylinder first and bleed the system. If that doesn't fix the issue, then replace the master as well.
    i've heard the same. somebody else on here said he replaced the master and it took car of it. the same shit happened to my car a few weeks back...

Thread Information