Red
    2000 WS6

Rear End Rebuild Question

Well I am getting a pretty hard kick at high accel. Was thinking it was just gears, but it feels like wheel hop, but 10x more harsh so LoL I think I need to rebuild the rear end. It's a stock GM 10 Bolt and I was wondering about what a rebuild entails? Could I just buy like an Eaton Posi Differential and take the axles off the stock one and put it all together or what? I just paid almost 2k for a rebuild tranny, I don't really have the money to put a 12 bolt in. I was wondering how much a rebuild of the stock would be or could I just buy a new rear diff and put stock axles on it or what. I am a noob when it comes to a drive train and it pisses me off >.> Any suggestions? Or answers? Thanks guys, you have always been helpful.

~Jeff

Awaiting Activation
    are you an A4 or M6? Either way your rear end isn't strong enough to hold the power of the LS1. The best thing to do is get a new stronger rear such as a 12 bolt for an auto or a 9" or S60 for a 6spd. But since like most of us money is an issue i would just look for a used rear. A good one can be found for $200-300.

Red
    2000 WS6

I'm an A4. don't have over 1-2k for a 12 bolt

Awaiting Activation
    like you said a new posi is a choice, but a new posi is expensive. Everyone will tell you that throwing $$ into a 10 bolt is worthless. Stuff will just keep breaking. Check out the sticky at the top of the drivetrain forum. I would look at getting a used 10 bolt - there plenty around in good condition for cheap - probably about the same $ you will pay for a new posi.

Thread Information