Thread: Rear End diff

Red
    2002 WS-6 TA

Rear End diff

Hi again everybody. I have a question. I am going to change my rear end gears in the spring however I was doing some research and saw that a 4.10 change requires extra parts if you have a torsen diff. Is there any easy way to find out what diff I have before taking car apart. Thanks

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

don't know what extra parts you would need. i put 4.10 gears in my car with only needing to grind some off of the axle retainer spacer to clear the teeth on the ring gear to put it back in the carrier.
    http://www.stealthram.com/gearswap.htm
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

99 Firebird Formula

You should get in contact with the company that you will be buying the gears from to find out if you will need to buy a paddle kit or not. I used motive 4.10s and I did not need one in my torsen rear-end.

I don't know if there is an RPO code for the carrier or not, but you can find out what it is by pulling the rear cover off. If you see a carrier with yellow springs in it, it is an auburn. It also has an axle pin pushing out on the axles. The torsen has no springs in it, and uses a paddle in the middle to push out the axles.

It also depends on what gear you already have on whether or not you have to change the whole carrier or not. The factory posi's are not very good. I have had really good luck with the Eaton Posi.

Thread Information