autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

rear axle bushings?

i think the factory rubber bushings? on my 02 t/a are done,when ever i go over bump even at extremely low speeds the rear end thumps and thuds.i'm going to install a moser 12 bolt soon and i want to replace whatever GM installed to isolate vibration (bushings is the best term i could think of).i looked at a Energy Suspension kit from summit http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EN...R/?image=large , does this kit include these bushings?thanks.if not what do i need.
    Last edited by 02transamce; 11-04-2009 at 02:57 AM.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I am confused by your post. I am guessing by installing a 12 bolt soon, you are not looking to replace anything internally in the 10 bolt. The title of rear axle bushings leads one to believe you are wanting to replace internal bushings on your 10 bolt though, thats why I am confused. If you are meaning the rear lower control arm bushings, that kit does include them, but for the entire cost of that kit you could buy brand new and much better control arms(which I would recommend). Sorry if I am missing your point all together, maybe pics of the area you are suspecting as your problem would be a good idea

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

sorry for any vagueness,i was tired when making that post,i 'm talking about rubber insulators,if any,used to cushion where the rear axle mounts to the car.i know rubber is use to cushion body mounts,motor mounts,and such,i was wondering if there were any on the rear axle because the car thuds a lot in the rear when going down our driveway and other bumpy roads even at extremely low speeds,and i didn't want to get halfway through the 12 bolt install and think" i could have replaced this while i got this apart".

Thread Information