Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP

New posi rear end help

Long story and headache short, i got my new eaton posi in, ETN-19599-010, and you bet it, its not 4 channel or what not so it doesnt have a abs ring, and my mph is off depending on the speed buy 10 mph! Well its installed.. my old stocker carrier that got took off had a abs ring on it, can i take it off and put it on the new one? Or can i order the ring? I just think down the road selling it with no abs and having that light on will kill the value.

Also, what would cause me to have more whine then i did before? I didnt get new gears, stuck with the 3.23's that where and still in the car..

Thanks
    2002 Camaro SS A4 - SLP# 2951 l MS4 l LT's w/ORY l F.A.S.T 78 & TB l Borla l Cutout l CME l TCI 3500 l 3.23's l !emissions l !sway

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I am pretty sure you can order the rings, but you will need a press to press them on at each axle end.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Not 100% But I don't think you can put an abs sensor on a 2 seriers carrier like you got. You would have to get a 3 series carrier.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP

You are prob correct. There was no info on the carrier and the guy at speed inc said it was a direct swap with abs hook up, cause i asked. And where it was installed was 1 hr away from my house and i rented a uhaul trailer and i wasnt about to waste all that time and money for abs.. yea its great, and i never once locked em um before, so i guess ill have to pull the bulb tomorrow...

Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP

Well the posi is a 3 series, and the one i took out was a 3. Only differce the new one doesnt have the correct channel i think 3 and 4 have abs. After reading the link 35th, looks like i can install a ring, but it could be one of the 2.. and i dont know if having the car down and getting it redone is worth abs.. damn my luck

Black
    1998 Z28

I replied to this same post/question that you put on ls1tech.

Bright Red
    2000 TA Firehawk 0041/742

You have a 4 channel system? 4 channel have the rings on the axles with the sensors on each axle end (thus 4 sensors) whereas the 3 channel has an ABS sensor on the rear. 3 channel have just ABS, 4 channel have TCS and monitor the speed of each tire independently whereas the ABS sensor would just monitor the rear end and each front tire so if any were to lock up it would activate.

I'm not clear on why the speed sensor would be off since it is mounted in the transmission- not the rear end. And the whine is most likely due to the fact that your backlash is off- if you replaced the posi then you pulled the ring gear so the backlash needs to be set properly or it'll whine at you.

I could be completely wrong about all of this- it's happend from time to time!
    2000 Pontiac Firehawk #0041 of 742

Thread Information