SOM
    '01SS Camaro,'09 Z06

need a rear for an A4 01 SS

Broke my rear and need one for an 01 SS with a 4l60e anyone got any suggestions or have one for sale?

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i suggest buying a really nice and strong one if you have plans for the car furthur down the road. The stocker is not very strong as you probably know now! If it were me and i had the money, this would be the perfect excuse to get a nice moser or strange

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Moser,Strange 12 bolt,9",Dana 60. I agree with the above post. Dont spend money on another 10 bolt. 10 bolts are the weaks link in the fbody. Take the time upgrade.

SOM
    '01SS Camaro,'09 Z06

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    i suggest buying a really nice and strong one if you have plans for the car furthur down the road. The stocker is not very strong as you probably know now! If it were me and i had the money, this would be the perfect excuse to get a nice moser or strange
    Any suggestions as to a source, thank you for the advice and I agree, a good time to upgrade.

SOM
    '01SS Camaro,'09 Z06

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    Moser,Strange 12 bolt,9",Dana 60. I agree with the above post. Dont spend money on another 10 bolt. 10 bolts are the weaks link in the fbody. Take the time upgrade.
    Good idea, any suggestions as to a source?

SOM
    '01SS Camaro,'09 Z06

Does anyone know if there is a direct replacement to go to a Strange or a Moser or do I have to go the junkyard mod route of a Ford, ya know that would make SpurSS have Chevy half shit. Money is always a concern, but time is the more pressing issue right now and the mod's required fitting, cutting welding ... would take time.

Bright Red
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Smile

It's odd that you broke one with an A4 car. I've been getting wheels up 1.57-1.58 sixty foots for two years on a stock 10 bolt, 3600 stall, and drag radials without any issues...ever. (see pics and vids in sig)

An upgrade is going to cost you $2500 or more...easy.

I actually heard all this same advice 2 years ago and quickly bought 2 spare rears...but haven't needed one yet.

The M6 cars are a LOT harder on them then the A4 cars could ever be.
    2002 Silverado Z71 ECSB HPTuners tuned by yours truly
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 6.0, 4L80E, 9" rear
    webpage: http://www.fquick.com/rel3rd/

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

Quote Originally Posted by SpurSS View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a direct replacement to go to a Strange or a Moser or do I have to go the junkyard mod route of a Ford, ya know that would make SpurSS have Chevy half shit. Money is always a concern, but time is the more pressing issue right now and the mod's required fitting, cutting welding ... would take time.
    For the most part the Moser 9" is a direct replacement. Only difference as far as putting the rear end to chassis, was the sway bar, which is not that hard to adapt. You also need a new U-joint for the driveshaft. I bought mine through Exotic Performance Parts.

SOM
    '01SS Camaro,'09 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
    It's odd that you broke one with an A4 car. I've been getting wheels up 1.57-1.58 sixty foots for two years on a stock 10 bolt, 3600 stall, and drag radials without any issues...ever. (see pics and vids in sig)

The M6 cars are a LOT harder on them then the A4 cars could ever be.
    I had a minor leak at the pinion seal, I had the seal replaced and it leaked worse, had a new yoke put in it and the tech torqued it to 210 foot pounds of torque yoke to pinion, which may have been a bite too much I was on my way to Pa. and on MD Rt97 near Rt3 when it broke at 70mph, you wouldn't have a 3.42 rear your looking to get rid of would you?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

They have a company on that sells VERY nice housing on Ebay for around $900 I think. Its already setup for a F-body, comes with the correct length axles, and even the torque arm mount. All you need is a 9" chunk. A nodular chunk rebuild with your choice of gears and even comes with a posi can be had for about $500 on Ebay as well.

Bright Red
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SpurSS View Post
    I had a minor leak at the pinion seal, I had the seal replaced and it leaked worse, had a new yoke put in it and the tech torqued it to 210 foot pounds of torque yoke to pinion, which may have been a bite too much I was on my way to Pa. and on MD Rt97 near Rt3 when it broke at 70mph, you wouldn't have a 3.42 rear your looking to get rid of would you?
    That sucks...check your PM's.

Thread Information