Black
    2001 T/A M6

Moser or Strange 12 bolt

For future refferences I plan on toping out at about 500 RWHP in which case way before that goal is achieved I will need a new rear, So I wanted some feedback from people who have already done rear swaps with either Strange or Moser and which gears did they use, I want 4:10 probaly but I may opt for a high 4:00 gear, either way I want some feedback on Motive and Richmond gears. I plan on doing a full bolt on with some semi-major internal upgrades such as Cam,Pistons,Injectors,Rods, I would like to slap a turbo on here one day aswell. Which by now i've probably exceeded 500 RWHP

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

I have a Moser 12 bolt with 4.10s in my A4 Camaro and love it. The 4.10s make everything more snappy and launch harder, which is fun. but I also remember reading something a while back about the lower gears (3.23 etc) being better for turbo cars though since it gives the turbo more time to spool. Would be worth looking into if you're seriously considering going that route.

Black
    2001 T/A M6

3.23 is a high gear, lower the # higher the gear and vice versa, 4.10 are low
    But I also don't want them making much cab noise.

Dana 60 made by Strange ... or Moser... I have D60 it is one of the toughest ones out there,
    holds you well pass 800rwhp. theyh were designed for race cars and trucks to hold like a mofo.

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

well I meant numerically lower... I have a set of richmond 4.10s and they barely whine at all. Probably depends more on how well the'yre setup since my last set of richmond 3.73s made all sorts of noise.. :/

Driving like i stole it!! dafizzman1's Avatar

Arctic White
    1998 Formula

mine whines pretty bad from 30mph to ~70mph. constant pedal. not under acceleration. is that bad????
    If you have the means and the desire, be prepared to do whatever it takes.

so far:
    suncoast creations functional ram air setup,pacesetter LT's/ORY,magnaflow,pro 5.0,hurst stick,LS6 cam,4:10 gears/stock rear(screaming for mercy!!!)
    -still more to come!!!!!!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

My strange had an axle seal leaking brand new. They fixed it under warranty so I'm happy now but was kinda disappointed that it leaked right from the go like that. It's also fairly noisy but aftermarket gears are gonna make a little noise. The positives to the strange made it a no brainer for me. I got it fully assembled with fluid ( before it leaked out ) so it was a direct bolt in and the torque arm mount is much better than the moser's.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the torque arm mount is much better than the moser's.
    this statement here may not seem important to you now now believe me when you snap a 500$ torque arm you wont be happy. The moser 12 bolt requires bolt inspections every so often to ensure that the torque arm mounting bolts are not coming loose

98 Formula
    06 duramax

aaaaah damn, is that how you broke yours?

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

yes sir that is the only reasonable expanation since I only snapped half the bracket and it fell down. Either that or I snapped it a while back and the bolts just recently fell out?? I dont really know for sure. I thought a while back I had a bad transmisison mount and I replaced that with a poly one and it was still making noise back there so it must have been the torque arm.

Black
    99 SS

I have a Moser 9" with 4.11's and a full spool, i love it, and no noise what so ever, i would recommend it to anyone and everyone and mine will hold up to 1,000hp, but i will never reach that much anyways, but it will hold my 600hp passes in the near future

Red
    1998 Trans Am Vert

How Did The A4 Feel With 4.10's, I Have Heard That 3.73's Are The Highest You Should Go.
    1998 Trans Am Vert, M6, Soon to be full of goodies......

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

I LOVE my 4.10s... I run 28" tall tires and never had any issues with it on the highway. and its snappy as hell around town..

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TwiSSter418 View Post
    I LOVE my 4.10s... I run 28" tall tires and never had any issues with it on the highway. and its snappy as hell around town..
    off shubject a bit, but the girl and car in the avatar is that yours?
    if so have her submit pics for the LS1.com calendar for 2008. let me know if you need more info. but yeah 4.10s are great upgrade for M6.

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

Forgot to mention, I'm running 4.10s on an A4, soon to be A3, we'll see how that goes! its really not that bad, just more exhaust note because of higher rpms on the highway and whether or not your particular set of gears whines. I can't hear mine over the exhaust anyway...

djvaly: I AM the girl in the avatar! and that's my car. I can't use that shoot because a similar pic was in this years ls1tech.com calender... (november, if ya wanna know) but once the car's running again I'll send some pics in.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TwiSSter418 View Post
    Forgot to mention, I'm running 4.10s on an A4, soon to be A3, we'll see how that goes! its really not that bad, just more exhaust note because of higher rpms on the highway and whether or not your particular set of gears whines. I can't hear mine over the exhaust anyway...

djvaly: I AM the girl in the avatar! and that's my car. I can't use that shoot because a similar pic was in this years ls1tech.com calender... (november, if ya wanna know) but once the car's running again I'll send some pics in.
    sweet, here's the link with all the info, where to send the pics etc... thanks for participating...
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49666

oh and you're A4 and 4.10 gears... wow... back on subject.

Thread Information