Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

Mikronite process - a cheap solution to a weak axle?

Has anyone tried Crane Cam's Mikronite process as of yet? I heard about it during SEMA 2006 and thought that it would be a resolution to the weak ring and pinion, other than a 12-bolt.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

i did some of the gear testing for mikronite thorugh vinci high performance. definately helps.

here' the test results from my car.

first round was 4.10 gears.
    http://mikronite.com/dyno.asp dyno 1 first car.

second round
    http://www.vincihighperformance.com/...IN%20PAGE.HTML

some pics i took while doing the gear swapping
    http://www.stealthram.com/gearswap.htm

still driving on the 3.73 gears. and i'm not nice to my car.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

I personally don't trust Crane Cams' claims (as seen with their false adv. on their wires), but maybe because this is a different company that does this process for them, then maybe there's some hope that this will be an alternate solution to our S-10 axles.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

mikronite owns crane cams. what's wrong with the crane fire wire? i have them on both cars.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    mikronite owns crane cams. what's wrong with the crane fire wire? i have them on both cars.
    See my spark plug wire thread....they advertised some low resistance where there was a good amount of resistance noted.
    Last edited by myk02k; 07-29-2007 at 08:36 PM.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

Hopefully these claims were made before they were bought out by Mikronite...maybe I'm misled on that claim but wasn't Crane Cams bought by them before SEMA '06? There was a vid of the new owner explaining something like this when I heard about the axle process, though this was a long time ago.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31657&page=3

Quote Originally Posted by DarthD View Post
    I just recieved a set of Crane Fire Wires. They were only $40 from Summit and Crane claims they are 25 ohms per foot. Well, they lied! The Crane Fire Wires measure anywhere from 550 - 850 ohms! Not only are they a lot higher than they claim, but they are all over the place. Also, Crane does not have email. I wanted to complain to them but all they have is a phone number. I like to use email so I have proof of anything they tell me. Once I find out a company does not have email, I will no longer do business with them.

I sent an email to Summit telling them I want to send them back. I think I will buy the MSD wires.

Also, when I was removing wires a few weeks ago to check my plugs, I ripped one. I purchased a replacement wire from GM for $18.00. The new wire is an AC Delco that measured 730 ohms. The original wires are Packard and measure 324-370 ohms.
    It looks like the GM replacment wires are nowhere near as good as the factory origianals.

Why would they not sell the Packard wires for replacement?
    How can Crane get by making false claims?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthD View Post
    Summit refunded my $39.95 for the wires but did not refund their $9.95handling fee or the $8.50 it cost me to send the wires back. So, believing Crane's FALSE ADVERTISING was a mistake that cost me almost $20.00.

Crane has lost a customer.
    I'd still like to hear more testimonials on this Mikronite process from other people. A brand new ring & pinion + the Mikronite process seems to be a great potential mod once the rear starts spitting gears, but needs a little more input & reputation IMO.
    Last edited by myk02k; 07-29-2007 at 08:44 PM.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

[QUOTE=myk02k;902021]Hopefully these claims were made before they were bought out by Mikronite...maybe I'm misled on that claim but wasn't Crane Cams bought by them before SEMA '06? There was a vid of the new owner explaining something like this when I heard about the axle process, though this was a long time ago.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31657&page=3[/url]

it was announced just before PRI. still in the final stages during SEMA.

Quote Originally Posted by myk02k View Post
    I'd still like to hear more testimonials on this Mikronite process from other people. A brand new ring & pinion + the Mikronite process seems to be a great potential mod once the rear starts spitting gears, but needs a little more input & reputation IMO.
    this process isn't new. businesses, and the military, have been using it for years.

t56rebuilds uses the process on the internal parts of the transmissions they build. liberty gears uses it as well.

just about every major NHRA/IHRA team uses it.
    http://vincihighperformance.com/MIKR...IN%20PAGE.HTML

remember, on that page is the dyno tests from my car. i did all the swapping, driving, and dynoing.

Thread Information