pewter, silver
    02 Z28/00 SS450rwhp

MGW Short Shifter blow Pro 5.0 out of the water

Hey guys just installed my MGW short shifter after already owning a Pro 5.0(Dint know the car I bought came with pro 5.0 I thought it was the stock shifter) anyways check out my you tube video hopefullly Pro 5.0 owner will get an MGW Shifter. Dont get me wrong Pro5.0 is a great shifer but compared to MGW
    2002 Camaro Z28 Stock Ls1 longtube Slp Headers,Slp Y-pype, Flowmaster 80 series ,Level 10 Trans, Moser 12 blot 3.73s 33-spine axels tru-track posi, 335rwhp 345rwtq (STOLEN!!! 02/2011)

01 SS

Buddy of mine bought one as well and loves it.....still have the stock hurst in my SS. Might be adding one myself....

pewter, silver
    02 Z28/00 SS450rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by xssv View Post
    Buddy of mine bought one as well and loves it.....still have the stock hurst in my SS. Might be adding one myself....
    Cant go wrong Pro 5.0 is a good shifter but if you want the best go with the MGW!!

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

I'm not so sure I agree: I just installed an MGW yesterday and it's a pain in the @$$ to change gears. The shift effort requires a lot of muscle. I actually dread shifting now I'm not sure if I'll keep in in there... but I'll give it a couple of weeks...

pewter, silver
    02 Z28/00 SS450rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    I'm not so sure I agree: I just installed an MGW yesterday and it's a pain in the @$$ to change gears. The shift effort requires a lot of muscle. I actually dread shifting now I'm not sure if I'll keep in in there... but I'll give it a couple of weeks...
    Yeah Thats how mine was for the first few weeks, give it time to brake in then you will love it!!
    I joked with my friends that my right arm is going to be bigger than arnold schwarzenegger!!

Did you have a stock shifter before or anothor after market one??

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

I was stock before.

pewter, silver
    02 Z28/00 SS450rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    I was stock before.
    Ohh yeah, I sure you hate shifting the MGW LOL. I never felt the stock shifter before, but I am sure its soft next to the MGW, I had a Pro 5.0 before the MGW! Give it time , the reason you bought a short shifter is to get short throws and advoid missing 3rd as much as possable, MGW has the Shortst throw for any F-body shifter on the market. Once it get broken in its hella fun to drive!!!

I just installed Full Umi Susp. stuff with an FAY2 Watts link check out my video I will be posting soon!!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

I love my MGW. Easy peasy install and great shift action. I was coming from the stock hurst after missing one too many 3rd gear shifts at the track. Took a little while to get used to it but i love it now.

Simple physics.... shorter stick = less leverage = more force required to swap cogs. Not much you can do about that.

Impounded
    not a big fan of my pro 5.0 with lous short stick. but its better than stock for sure. but hey naaman... ill trade ya!

pewter, silver
    02 Z28/00 SS450rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    not a big fan of my pro 5.0 with lous short stick. but its better than stock for sure. but hey naaman... ill trade ya!
    trade me for what?? I got ride if the Pro 5.0 long time ago!! and what whould you trade with me with?? I not getting ride of my MGW?!>

Impounded
    read bro.. read lol

pewter, silver
    02 Z28/00 SS450rwhp

Dude??? I dont know whatcha mean?? I read what you wrote it dont make sense, just tell me what did you mean that all, I not try to make fun of you or anything?? Maybe I am just dumb, I read what you wrote and I just dont understand what you are trying to say???

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by Rmaverickz28 View Post
    Dude??? I dont know whatcha mean?? I read what you wrote it dont make sense, just tell me what did you mean that all, I not try to make fun of you or anything?? Maybe I am just dumb, I read what you wrote and I just dont understand what you are trying to say???
    Quote Originally Posted by [B
    Naaman[/B];2750511]I'm not so sure I agree: I just installed an MGW yesterday and it's a pain in the @$$ to change gears. The shift effort requires a lot of muscle. I actually dread shifting now I'm not sure if I'll keep in in there... but I'll give it a couple of weeks...
    He was talking to the guy who has a mgw and doesn't like it

pewter, silver
    02 Z28/00 SS450rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by Shermanator86 View Post
    He was talking to the guy who has a mgw and doesn't like it
    ohh Ok I am dumb, my bad I thought he ment "nah man", I din't know that was the guys name lol

MY BAD EVERYONE:
    wait for my car to get back from the shop to do a "phase 2 Video" on youtube, you guys check it out when you get a chance also check out "Phase 1 Of MY SS" on youtube!!!

pewter, silver
    02 Z28/00 SS450rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by bashamws6 View Post
    read bro.. Read lol

my bad!! Lol

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by Rmaverickz28 View Post
    ohh Ok I am dumb, my bad I thought he ment "nah man", I din't know that was the guys name lol

MY BAD EVERYONE:
    wait for my car to get back from the shop to do a "phase 2 Video" on youtube, you guys check it out when you get a chance also check out "Phase 1 Of MY SS" on youtube!!!
    No problem man, misunderstandings happen everyday haha

pewter, silver
    02 Z28/00 SS450rwhp

for sure I wasent try to pick a fight with the guy, just dint know what he was trying to say, I just read what people write ,dont look at there names lol, thanks for clearing that up though!

Impounded
    nah i wasnt either lol. just pointing out your mistake

Thread Information