Black
    1998 Trans AM

which lowering kit would u use?

stupid question but what lowering kit do u think is the best for the money? looking to lower my 98 trans 1.5 to 2

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Not sure if you're aware of this or not, but a 2" drop would be pretty extreme. I know it doesn't seem like much, but that's a huge drop.

I went with Strano lowering springs and the Koni shocks and love my stance. Both the BMR and Strano lowering springs lower the car 1.3". I think it's the perfect stance.

Also note that if you just swap out your stock springs for lowering springs and keep your stock DeCarbon shocks, you're going to compromise your ride quality. You really need an aftermarket shock to handle the new spring rate. If Koni's are out of the budget, the next best shock would be a set of Bilstein's.

You're also going to need an alignment after lowering and possibly an adjustable panhard bar to re-center the rear end of the car. Most people get adjustable lower control arms to readjust the instant center back to where it needs to be as well as an aftermarket adjustable torque arm to reset the pinion angle back to -2 degrees.

There's a lot involved with lowering if you really want to keep the suspension to spec.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

eibach pro kit with bilsteins here and i have to say i LOVE them. best ride of any lowered camaro ive ever been in

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

i have the Strano springs with KYB AGX shocks. love it.

+1 on the suspension setup. be ready for adj control arms, panhard bar and torque arm. i've got the PHB and LCA's still working on the right torque arm for me

Black
    1999 Trans Am

I had eibachs and bmr lowering springs on my T/A and it looked awesome but damn it sat low. I scrapped my front end EVERYWHERE! You really want to replace the shocks while your at it. The guy that owned my T/A lowered it with the stock shocks and it rode like a tank. Now I have Stranos and SLP Bilsteins all the way around and it looks/rides awesome. I'll sell ya my old springs if you want to try them tho!

Thread Information