Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    99 Firebird Formula

Installing new gears.

I put some 3.73's today in my boyfriend's car, so I figured I'd take some pix and do a quick write up, maybe it could help a couple people out. Kind of late now so I'll proof read it tomorrow morning for any obvious mistakes

http://www.keliente.com/gears.htm

Quicksilver Metallic
    2005 Pontiac GTO

I'm in love....

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

damn, got any sisters??

Black
    2004 Z06

I'm the "macho real man type" and I'm a little embarrased that a babe can do this and I can't.

99 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by eddierox
    I'm the "macho real man type" and I'm a little embarrased that a babe can do this and I can't.
    LOL

LS14Winter
    We should clone her! one for each of us and two for me :-)

P.S. Great write up, looks like something id read straight out of a magazine if not better. Maybe we should sticky this?

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Your the kind of woman every guy would love laying around the house and working on his car.

Red
    2000 T/A WS6

I 2nd that... now can you carry firewood???

Excellent write-up. I feel better now about the install I did on my Jeep rearend.

mystic teal
    2001 Z28 Hardtop

I gotta reply, I tried to resist but this is just too incredible.......... I'm thinking an angel, yep that's it, Keliente, you're an angel! Ya know, I've been on the face of this earth for the double-nickel and and and and, ah never mind!

Pewter
    all bore 370 Trans Am

Hey Kels, you wanna fly out here (ill pay) and show my wife the ins and outs??

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

better pics than what i just put up today. but here's mine http://www.stealthram.com/gearswap.htm
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

TNT
    Good info I wish I had seen these before having my gears changed. I would have tried it. Keliente the new Z is nice but the the old one looked better.

99 Firebird Formula

lol you just say that because it was white

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Wonderful job! Wow! That skilled, and only 20, ...and hot, too! Too good to be true. Pinch me to make sure I'm not dreaming!

deception05
    So uhhhh.... are you going to be single anytime soon??? j/k but what got you into this stuff??? Got to get more women to be like you

BlackHawk T/A
    Quote Originally Posted by deception05
    So uhhhh.... are you going to be single anytime soon??? j/k but what got you into this stuff??? Got to get more women to be like you
    No kidding, i'm in the process of converting my girl to the auto world - and she wants a Camaro SS!

99 Firebird Formula

I have just always had a genuine interest in cars. Most people ask, did your dad have a shop? Did your boyfriend get you into cars? And the answer is no. My dad doesn't know much about cars (although he did have a couple nice vettes in the 70's.) I was into cars long before I was into boys. When I turned 16 and could legally drive, it just took the obsession to a whole other level...I just had to know more, had to do more.

I first had a 96 probe se with 124k miles, which I was smart enough to not modify. After that I bought an 02 cougar which was a good handling car, with decent looks. I modded the hell out of that and spent a lot of time showing, since it was pretty relaxing & I got to meet a lot of cool people. I have always done all of my own work myself, because I feel like there is nothing I cannot do. When I got sick of the cougar a couple years ago I moved onto an '01 Z28 which I did a few things to. It was a freak car, it ran a 12.70 @ 110mph with an air lid, catback & tune. When I was run over by a semi in that car on Jan 24th 2005, I bought the car that I have now, the pewter car, which I haven't stopped modding yet (see my website for more info).

I initially went to college for a French major. But I found I spent more time in the parking lot working on my car then studying for tests...it kind of hit me one night that maybe working on cars is what I should be doing. I went to school then for Chrysler in their Chrysler Apprenticeship Program and have now been turning wrenches for dodge for 2 years as a line technician. I've got certifications and crap like that too.

I don't know if I want to be a line tech for the rest of my life, but it is a great experience. I really do learn something new every day, and only continue to get better at my job. I turn just as many hours as anyone else in the shop, even though I am the youngest one there by at least 7 years.

If I could do anything, I'd have some kind of job where I could build engines all day long...to me that sounds like a crapload of fun I also very very much enjoy drag racing (and go every thursday night).

Well, you asked for the story, there it is!!

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Great story! How unique! What a girl! You went after what drew you, rather than just going with the flow. I admire that. You are being rewarded by doing something you love to do and being paid to do it! Now that's working smart

deception05
    damn that must be an experience. my uncle wants me to go to UTI but I heard it is just like any other school except you learn about exotics, so I don't want to waste the money. but hey if you like that and you are good at it then you made the right decision I wish I was that free to do that ( I am greedy, more money more mods) so I am sticking to going with the flow. Well nice story anyway

99 Firebird Formula

damn that must be an experience. my uncle wants me to go to UTI but I heard it is just like any other school except you learn about exotics, so I don't want to waste the money. but hey if you like that and you are good at it then you made the right decision I wish I was that free to do that ( I am greedy, more money more mods) so I am sticking to going with the flow. Well nice story anyway
    UTI is a waste of money I am glad that you realize it!! I live a half hour away from their NASCAR UTI school, and I know a slew of people that went to it...every one of them said it just cost too much $$. They claim all sorts of bs about getting you jobs in NASCAR...I mean I have met people that seriously think they are going to walk out of UTI and get a job as a crew chief

I've worked with UTI grads...one guy was so bad they sent him to work in the oil lube because he couldn't hack the line work...a guy I work with now went there... the #1 student in his class. Because he was #1 they gave him a job on some kind of nascar team....only to can him 5 months later. Now he turns wrenches as a line tech alongside myself...the only difference between us is that I never even had to take out a loan for school, and he is still $25,000 deep in school debts!!

Thread Information