i need help from some one who have installed LS1 rear in to LT-1 car!!

Since i bought my T/A, I'm having nagging issue with my car. Here is the original post. Since then, i've replaced ring and pinion, got the back rash and pre load right down to where it needs to be, I've measure and check everything several times.. Despite of that, original issue never resolved.

now after spending untold amount of money on this miserable rearend, It dicided to blew spider gear when my gf took the car to visit her dad in NY.

I had no choice but to spend more money yet again to get this POS up and running so that i can drive it back to PA(thought about burning it, drive off the cliff, sell it as is while it was stuck at this nasty local shop near where Iit broke down for 2 weeks).
    So Last week, month after brokedown, i finally went back up there to pick it up, paid this nasty hillbillie mechanic that stunk of chewing tabaco a $250 for replacing spider gear, and reshim the stupid ring and poinion again.

And after drive it back down the PA(250+miles), its now pissing fluid away(they used white sealant. has anyone ever seen white oil resistant sealant for automotive use? because only time i ever seen white sealant is in my bathroom ), and thing is making clicking noise here there.

So i'm done with this rear end .

I found rear end off of 98+ Z28. price is right, and its everything I need(2.73 gear, had ABS, Traction control, and LSD), and i made sure that it has exciter gear on each end of the wheel, not between ring and diffrential), has LS1 brake.

Only question is will rear end off of LS1 car bolts up to LT-1 car? and if so, how would this ABS, and T/C harness is going to work?
    there has to be someone here that have LT-1 with not so many are made ABS, and traction control option that blew rear end, and got one off of LS1 installed and got everything to work.

Sorry for the long post. But i'm getting up to here with this car...

I have an 02 TA rear in my 85 Z28 with 94 Z28 brakes.

The rear will work as in bolting up, but the brakes will not. The LT1 rear is wider than the LS1 rear. The stock LT1 rotors will now contact the inner part of the caliper bracket.

Solutions:

1. Use LS1 brakes.
    2. Grind down inner area of caliper bracket where rotor interferes.
    3. Install a thin wheel spacer between the rotor and axle.

thanks mang!
    how about abs wireing and such? anyone know?

Thread Information