Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

I Got A Stickie For Ya !

"NOBODY" makes a decent rear end for F-Bodies & can guarantee that even with proper set-up that it will NOT howl & whine after about (5) good hard launches. Yes , I said "NOBODY" ! ! !

Whats that you say ? Don't believe it ?
    Ask anybody on the net. Check with any of the sponsors.
    Go ahead and spend that money. You'll see ! You'll see !

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

spent my Hard earned money on a 9", Totally glad I did and would do it again in a heartbeat. No issues at all with my set up. Gears don't whine and it is a street/strip car. 95% of those that do buy an aftermarket rear end are totally in agreeance with me. At least the fucking ring and pinion won't end up in a billion pieces all over the track.
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

This is supposed to be a sticky?

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

The people that do bitch about them don't understand that when you do buy a beefier rearend with high performance gears, it's not like getting in your family car to go to sunday supper, They will make a little bit of noise, its the nature of the beast no matter what high performance car you own.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

VERY happy with my Moser 9" with TrueTrac diff. 4.11 gears.
    Just a hair louder than my very quiet stock 10 bolt.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Quote Originally Posted by Jays00ss View Post
    spent my Hard earned money on a 9", Totally glad I did and would do it again in a heartbeat. No issues at all with my set up. Gears don't whine and it is a street/strip car. 95% of those that do buy an aftermarket rear end are totally in agreeance with me. At least the fucking ring and pinion won't end up in a billion pieces all over the track.
    And how many pray tell , hard launches have you made with slicks at the track with the stickie stuff sprayed on the starting line ? ? ?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER View Post
    And how many pray tell , hard launches have you made with slicks at the track with the stickie stuff sprayed on the starting line ? ? ?
    Mine has made 30 give or take.
    Mickey Thompson ET radials.

Going to an even stickier tire next season. Still does fine.

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Mine has made 30 give or take.
    Mickey Thompson ET radials.

Going to an even stickier tire next season. Still does fine.
    Well if yours has that many redline clutch side-steppin starts with slicks & its still coffin quiet I salute you sir and the man who set it up. Please , give us his name & number cause he must of found that sweet spot that 90% of us have been searchin for.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Moser

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Well if yours has that many redline clutch side-steppin starts with slicks & its still coffin quiet I salute you sir and the man who set it up. Please , give us his name & number cause he must of found that sweet spot that 90% of us have been searchin for.
    I got a quiet rear?

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

But you will admit , its still makin noise that you can here. To some guys a little rear end howl is ok. But there are those of us who will not tolerate a rear end whine no matter how strong the gears might be. Personally , I don't like the idea of having to turn up the stereo and or put a louder exhaust on it just to drown out the whine. But thats just me.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I only hear the 9" in one gear at a certain RPM.
    Barely.

The stock rearend with gears will be louder than mine is for most.

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luis View Post
    I only hear the 9" in one gear at a certain RPM.
    Barely.

The stock rear end with gears will be louder than mine is for most.
    You sir, are a very lucky man , and one that is in the minority I might add .
    You should drop what your doing right now & purchase a lottery ticket before your luck changes !

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

and one that is in the minority I might add .
    Not as I understand it.
    Most I know that have the Moser 9" are very happy with it.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

You should drop what your doing right now & purchase a lottery ticket before your luck changes !
    Do you have an aftermarket rear that you makes a lot of noise or something? Maybe your shop (or yourself for that matter) didn't set up the backlash right...? What's your basis for making these claims. Everyone I've asked on here loves their 9". Why don't you? After I get mine and put it to test I'll let you know if it is loud, though I highly doubt it from what I hear...no pun intended!

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luis View Post
    Not as I understand it.
    Most I know that have the Moser 9" are very happy with it.
    Could be !
    But they might just be those willing to put up with the noise. I will admit , there are those who are not bothered by it , and are giggly happy with their gear set-ups. But that does not change the fact that they are "NOISY" ! !
    I am genuinely happy for you & for those that "YOU" know that are satisfied . But, & you may find this hard to believe, but there are those of us who have higher standards & refuse to accept a so called "performance street car" that forces you to compromise those standards. That sir , is what I'm talkin about.
    Good luck. And may the Good Lord take a likin to ya !

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Could be !
    But they might just be those willing to put up with the noise. I will admit , there are those who are not bothered by it , and are giggly happy with their gear set-ups. But that does not change the fact that they are "NOISY" ! !
    I am genuinely happy for you & for those that "YOU" know that are satisfied . But, & you may find this hard to believe, but there are those of us who have higher standards & refuse to accept a so called "performance street car" that forces you to compromise those standards. That sir , is what I'm talkin about.
    Buy a damn Ferrari then...oh wait, you can't afford it..??? I guess the Lord hasn't taken a liken' to you either! I hate people that push the "Lord" and "his" doings onto others. Like you know what "he" has in store for anyone, including yourslef. Self righteous, George W. lovin, hypocrite! I'm not even religious, but I don't understand why people think they can speak through "God" and actually beleive that they can oppose "his" will onto others. It's actully the opposite of what being a "Christian" is supposed to be all about.

As George Carlain says: "How come you can't beleive that a guy can get bit by a spider, and get supernatural powers; But you ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY must believe that a supernatural being ("GOD") controls what goes on in your everyday life."
    Last edited by 01ws6er; 12-01-2007 at 08:11 PM.

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Mine is a moser with a Strange Pro nodular third member. I also Have a Detroit Locker. My gears are Quiet and my Locker makes some noise but that was to be expected. As long as I am not turning, and I am driving down the highway, It's just as quiet as my 10 bolt.
    Last edited by Jays00ss; 12-02-2007 at 07:09 AM.

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Could be !
    Have you ever owned a muscle car, or performance car for that matter before? Doesn't sound like it. If you Don't want a performance car and can't "Put up" with some noise, Maybe you should stick to your Honda Accord and Twidle your thumbs in complete silence. As for me, A little bit of noise is a small price to pay for going down the dragstrip and not haveing my rearend blow up in a grenade like fashion.
    Last edited by Jays00ss; 12-02-2007 at 07:47 AM.

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

I'll take that Z if you really want that much of a quiet car in a convertible...

Thread Information