Thread: Help please!!!

White
    1998 Camaro SS

Help please!!!

Ok. I jus had my a4 tranny rebuilt. The problem I'm having is when the car sits overnight I have a hard shift when I put in reverse. Same when I put in drive and when it shifts. Its almost like I got car in N and hold about 2500 r's and throw in D. That's what it feels like when it shifts. Ok it will shift 2nd and into 3rd but will not dwnshift out of third or go into OD. I can come to a complete stop and car will take off in 3rd gear. Ok I can stop and turn car off and crank bak up and car will sshift fine all day until it sets overnight again. I got a code comin up on car which is p0785 which is shift timing solenoid malfunction which calls for replacing the 3-2 shift solenoid. If the solenoid needs replacing, should it work sometimes and not sometimes? Does anyone have any info or suggestions? Help wud be greatly appreciated!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Did the rebuild include a modified valve body? If so, and you are already running a tune on your car you may have a line pressure issue. You need to reset the line pressures in your tune back to stock, or something close to stock.

White
    1998 Camaro SS

The car has no tune as I knw of. I haven't done a tune. The rebuild was only on 3-4 clutch pack. Replaced hub and band and all seals and gaskets. The tranny man thinks its in the computer bcause of an aftermarket theft system which works by killin all power if batt cable has been tampered with. The code says change 3-2 shift solenoid

Thread Information