black
    1999 camaro

Dynoing new gears?

In the next 2 months or so I am looking at getting the t-rex and 4.10 gears. Now I talked to the shop and they were talking about dnyo tuning as soon as it was finished. Now I thought this would be bad because of break in time w/ gears but he seemed to think if we just don't let them heat up it will be ok...Do u guys think he is right or me? He said we could do a street tune first if I wanted they dnyo it later but if it wont hurt anything I might as well do the dnyo asap. So any thoughts or exspeariances w/ dnyoing brand new gears???

Thanks Guys.
    Last edited by T's99BlackLs1; 12-21-2006 at 03:45 AM.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

i've taken gears right out of the gate and did a 300 mile run with 250 of it non-stop without failure. one thing to consider is on the dyno, the wheels are already turning. so, there's less load on them as compared to going from a stop. they can do a run in while on the dyno. do a couple of heat cycles. then start dynoing if it would make you feel better.

(disclaimer)
    but, improper gear break in can lead to eventual failure down the road. so far, mine are doing fine.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

black
    1999 camaro

Thanks, seems like some people are lucky with that stuff and some arnt. Some people could do burnouts with them right out of the box and be fine or baby for 500 miles and still break. But Im sure im not the 1st person to get a bigger cam and gears at the same time so did anyone else try dnyoing on new gears. I am leaning towards doing it its just I really don't want to mess anything up. Thanks again for the input. And I love the purge kit on the TA hood man, looks awsome.

black
    1999 camaro

Any other thoughts?

Thread Information