Driving as fast as I can dafaic's Avatar

Silver
    97 TA M6

Mikroniting process done by Crane Cams looks like it may be worth checking out.

Saw a deal on streetfire. They were interviewing a guy from crane cams. They have a new process they are doing to metal. They can do a new ring and pinion you send them for $250. One of their employees had a 425 rwhp ls1 ta plus 200 shot and they said at the track he could get no more than 13 launches before it would break. ON BRAND NEW GEARS. They did their process to a new set of gears and he went out and did over 40 launches. They took the car back to the shop pulled the gears out and the showed no sign of wear. Only place there was wear was where the bearing had been pressed on. Supposidly doing this process also dropped the temp of the rear end 26*. I don't have a 625hp car i have a around 375 now and fixing to install a ram air hood and intake. Anyway anybody else hear about this? What are the general thoughts of this? I sent them a e-mail.

http://www.mikronite.com/

http://mikronite.com/dyno.asp

http://www.mikronite.com/documents/R...inionGears.pdf

and a link to the video

Click here to see Video
    Last edited by dafaic; 11-09-2006 at 03:37 PM.
    Click for full size
    lt4 hot cam, l.e. heads, gold 1.6rr, hooker lts, 3"ypipe, hookercatback, no cats, subframes, b&m ripper, k&n cai, msd6a-coil-opti, udp, tr55 g's, ta girdle, 4.10's, boxed control arms, Madz28 tune, specstg3, alum. elbow. No traction

Silver
    97 TA M6

no one has any thoughts?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

well, i'm not an employee of crane cams, vinci high performance, or mikronite. i am the one that supplied the car for the testing and did the gear swapping to two different gear set tests. this was in my 00 formula, the black car. my car, at that time, was 442 rwhp with the 200 (motor rated) n2o.

in the first test, there were two sets of 4.10 gears involved. the first set was stock. the second set was the mikronite processed gears. this was to compare for hp gains/losses, sound differences, and higher/lower temps. i don't have a copy of the unprocessed vs processed gear dyno, but if i remember correctly, there was about a 7 rwhp gain and 30* lower temps. also, the gear set was quieter with the process. i kept these gears in my car from may 2005 until about october 2005. going to the track and driving everyday. so, estimated 5000 miles and many 200 (motor rated) n2o runs. whe we pulled this set of hears out for the next round of testing, it still looking just like they did when we put them in.

then, in october, again through vinci high performance, we did another set of testing for mikronite. this time it was with 3.73 gears. here is the results form that testing as well. http://www.vincihighperformance.com...AIN%20PAGE.HTML
    to really put the mikronite gears to the test, after i installed them, i went right out and did a 300 mile run. and did another 200 miles the next evening. and then, i went to the track the following evening. basically, i abused the living crap out of them. disregarded the whole break in procedure. still, came out like new.

all of these gears were on display at PRI in 2005 at the liberty transmissions booth.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

http://mikronite.com/dyno.asp

on this page, they are refering to my car. the next one underneath is joe vinci's car.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

for those looking for some light reading, look at the car craft jan 2007 issue page 44.

Silver
    97 TA M6

Heck yeah thats awesome! Now if i could just get em to return an e-mail I'd find out what I needed to do to get this done! What gear sets were yall using. I was thinking of getting a strange gear set from thunder racing and get them processed! Thanks again for chimming in!

Thread Information