Black
    99 Trans Am WS6

Anyone buy the Luk clutch kit?

Thinking about buying the Luk clutch kit for my 99 ws6. I was gonna go with the gm ls7 kit but can't seem to find it anywhere. Just wondering how the Luk kit performs

black
    02 HAWK aka the beast

Quote Originally Posted by MasonWS6 View Post
    Thinking about buying the Luk clutch kit for my 99 ws6. I was gonna go with the gm ls7 kit but can't seem to find it anywhere. Just wondering how the Luk kit performs
    I couldn't be happier get the ls7 kit it's so smooth and grabs hard
    02 Black Trans Am Firehawk #1079.Lots bolt ons, NOS
    Just one nasty chicken!!!!!

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Kentucky Speed has them for $500

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Several vendors like Kentucky speed carry the LS7 clutch. Plus it's what GM uses right now to replace ls1 clutches at the dealerships. You can get them through several places like gmpartsdirect or the dealerships themselves.

If the car is close to stock it's about the best you can get that drives like stock. If it's been modified or you plan on modifying hp much beyond stock do yourself a favor and get something like a monster clutch. They don't tend to have the problems of the LS7 clutch that arises from it being a self adjusting clutch.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    Several vendors like Kentucky speed carry the LS7 clutch. Plus it's what GM uses right now to replace ls1 clutches at the dealerships. You can get them through several places like gmpartsdirect or the dealerships themselves.

If the car is close to stock it's about the best you can get that drives like stock. If it's been modified or you plan on modifying hp much beyond stock do yourself a favor and get something like a monster clutch. They don't tend to have the problems of the LS7 clutch that arises from it being a self adjusting clutch.
    ^^^+1

I had a LS7 clutch and loved it. However like said above I'm a little more past it's capabilities so I now have a Monster Stg4.

The biggest problems are when you upgrade to a Tick MC after you've been running a LS7 clutch for a while.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Black
    99 Trans Am WS6

Thanks I did end up finding one. Before I seen them on Gmparts direct and sites like that but I couldn't find a whole kit that included both pilot and throw out bearing

Thread Information