Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

ABS and TCS Inop.

I just got a new set of tires for my 2000 TA, so i decided to send the old tires out in smoke as I left work. Not caring how much rubber I laid I just sat there and ate for around a minute. I wasn't dogging the engine, it was around 2800-3200 the whole time, but when i let off the brakes and pealed away the ABS inop light and TCS inop light were both on, I wasn't really paying attention to the dash, so i don't know when they turned on.
    When I turned back into the parking lot there was a slight "clicking" noise coming from the rear of my car, and it felt as if the rear of the car was hopping even though I was in 2nd gear idling into a spot. I turned it off and walked behind the car to check for any drippage, but didn't see any. I decided to get a ride home with my girlfriend since i could see wires almost all the way around the tires. I'm heading back up there in the morning with our truck and trailer to bring it home. I haven't driven it yet, I have a 30 min. drive, and I didn't want to risk a blowout, and I figured it would only make it worse if something was messed up. I was just wondering how bad a whoops it is, if any at all.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Anihilated my tires and the lights came on as well. Just drive it for a little while and they will turn off. If not, get it fixed lol. And if you've got wires wrapped around your axle...could be a fun weekend project for ya

Thread Information