white
    99 30th trans am

A4 life expectancy

just wondering how long everyone elses auto held up after a stall convertor install? mine went out at only 6 months...i blame tci....the convertor pretty much came apart and screwed up everything else...i then got a complete rebuild clutchs and steels from tci...it only held up for 12,000 miles and 3 4th clutch pack went out...i will not buy tci parts anymore...

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

what was your STR on the stall converter? did you run any kind of cooling method, such as deep pan or trans cooler? the lower your STR is the looser your converter will be which in turnwill generate more heat. I blew my trans out after 9,000 miles after the TC install but it was my fault, i never ended up putting on the cooler that I bought and thats a big no no. What i am doing this time around, and would reccomend the same to anyone, is putting in the best cooler I can find and buying a trans temp gauge as soon as I can so that I have no worries about my new performabuilt tranny

white
    99 30th trans am

I had the 3500 super street fighter...it had the 2.5 str...the convertor actually was a little too big...the engine was completely stock Lt1 with all bolt ons like headers, pulley, maf, tb upgrade and 3.23 gears...i was planning a cam install that never happened...it still ran good but it really liked the 150 shot nx kit i had...but yes i did have a big b and m cooler on it...

thing is i now have a 99 ta...and bought a 9.5 PI...and now atleast for daily driving i am a little worried about putting it in cause i only know about 4 people here in south florida and none of them would get up at 6:00am in the morning to take me to work...and if the tranny did tear up i am not sure i could dish out the money for a speedy rebuild...but screw it...i decided to go ahead and put it in...

Red
    2000 SS

I have a Yank 3000 stall with a 2.5 str i believe with a trans cooler. I have probably had it for about 40k miles now with no probs. Car now has about 65k on it.

Thread Information