Thread: ????????

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

????????

OK..........I've had my 2002 Z28 for a week now, and I was already lucky enough to have to replace my rear differential gasket. Which other then being a pain in the a$$ to get to with my torque wrench wasn't really that bad. However I've also noticed a squeaking noise front he rear-right side of the car. After taking off the wheel, I noticed that my brake pads were low, and the caliper pins were also lacking on lube, so after I replaced the brake pads, lubed the caliper pins, and resurfaced the rotors which look fine, I'm still getting this squeaking sound, and it's only when the car is in motion. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that this is a wheel bearing???? Like I said I've only had the car a short time, so I'm trying to get any issues fixed, and get the tires and suspension work I want done before I start adding the go-fast goodies. Any suggestions to what this might be????? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! Oh, and thanks to all the posters that made me aware of the torque specs. for the differential housing, made my day much easier. Ten awesome points for all of you!!!!!

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Check to see if the rotor backing plate is bent and contacting the rotor. That could cause a squeak while in motion

NBM
    2000 FRC Camaro SS

Did the axles have play?

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

It turned out it was the backing plate

Thread Information